Apr 5, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green suffered an upper-body injury during Saturday’s game against the New York Islanders and is questionable to return, according to the Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
So far, Green has not; it seemed that he was banged-up in the first period and didn’t return at least early in the middle frame. PHT will keep an eye out for updates on the 28-year-old blueliner (who is no stranger to injury woes).
Carrera notes that the Islanders were physical with the scoring defenseman:
The Islanders are well aware of the “hit Mike Green” memo that all Metro teams seem to abide by. He took a couple big hits in the first.—
Katie Carrera (@kcarrera) April 05, 2014
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17