Apr 5, 2014, 6:46 PM EST
Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green suffered an upper-body injury during Saturday’s game against the New York Islanders and is questionable to return, according to the Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
So far, Green has not; it seemed that he was banged-up in the first period and didn’t return at least early in the middle frame. PHT will keep an eye out for updates on the 28-year-old blueliner (who is no stranger to injury woes).
Carrera notes that the Islanders were physical with the scoring defenseman:
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8