Apr 5, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green suffered an upper-body injury during Saturday’s game against the New York Islanders and is questionable to return, according to the Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
So far, Green has not; it seemed that he was banged-up in the first period and didn’t return at least early in the middle frame. PHT will keep an eye out for updates on the 28-year-old blueliner (who is no stranger to injury woes).
Carrera notes that the Islanders were physical with the scoring defenseman:
The Islanders are well aware of the “hit Mike Green” memo that all Metro teams seem to abide by. He took a couple big hits in the first.—
Katie Carrera (@kcarrera) April 05, 2014
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8