Apr 5, 2014, 6:46 PM EST
Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green suffered an upper-body injury during Saturday’s game against the New York Islanders and is questionable to return, according to the Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
So far, Green has not; it seemed that he was banged-up in the first period and didn’t return at least early in the middle frame. PHT will keep an eye out for updates on the 28-year-old blueliner (who is no stranger to injury woes).
Carrera notes that the Islanders were physical with the scoring defenseman:
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 10
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4