Apr 5, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
That’s based off the fact that Kane stayed on the ice after the Jets’ morning skate was over and the vast majority of his teammates had made their way to the locker room. In addition to that being typical of a player that will be scratched, it is unusual for Kane in particular to skate that long, according to the Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe.
Making Kane’s potential absence all the more glaring is how Maurice chose to explain his decision to start goaltender Ondrej Pavelec tonight.
“Whenever possible you put your best lineup in there,” Maurice said, per PHT’s Joe Yerdon. “They deserve it. The Toronto Maple Leafs deserve it and so do the other teams.”
The 22-year-old forward is in the second season of a six-year, $31.5 million contract, but he has just 17 goals and 39 points in 60 games this season.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54