Apr 5, 2014, 12:34 AM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes lost hulking center Martin Hanzal for the night on Friday, as he suffered a lower-body injury against the Edmonton Oilers.
There is no further information regarding how serious that issue might be.
The big 27-year-old has dealt with issues on-and-off this season, missing seven games in March and two more in January with issues labeled as lower-body ailments. Hanzal also sat out two games because of a suspension back in late October.
Hanzal began the season on an unusually prolific scoring pace, but he seems to be running out of steam in that area with just one assist in his last eight games.
Even so, the checking Czech center is generally more regarded for his physical and defensive play than his scoring ability. Despite these recent struggles, Phoenix would benefit from his presence during this tough jockeying for playoff positioning against the Dallas Stars.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17