Apr 5, 2014, 12:34 AM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes lost hulking center Martin Hanzal for the night on Friday, as he suffered a lower-body injury against the Edmonton Oilers.
There is no further information regarding how serious that issue might be.
The big 27-year-old has dealt with issues on-and-off this season, missing seven games in March and two more in January with issues labeled as lower-body ailments. Hanzal also sat out two games because of a suspension back in late October.
Hanzal began the season on an unusually prolific scoring pace, but he seems to be running out of steam in that area with just one assist in his last eight games.
Even so, the checking Czech center is generally more regarded for his physical and defensive play than his scoring ability. Despite these recent struggles, Phoenix would benefit from his presence during this tough jockeying for playoff positioning against the Dallas Stars.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)