Apr 5, 2014, 12:34 AM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes lost hulking center Martin Hanzal for the night on Friday, as he suffered a lower-body injury against the Edmonton Oilers.
There is no further information regarding how serious that issue might be.
The big 27-year-old has dealt with issues on-and-off this season, missing seven games in March and two more in January with issues labeled as lower-body ailments. Hanzal also sat out two games because of a suspension back in late October.
Hanzal began the season on an unusually prolific scoring pace, but he seems to be running out of steam in that area with just one assist in his last eight games.
Even so, the checking Czech center is generally more regarded for his physical and defensive play than his scoring ability. Despite these recent struggles, Phoenix would benefit from his presence during this tough jockeying for playoff positioning against the Dallas Stars.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)