Apr 5, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets might not have Evander Kane in the lineup, yet they’re giving the Toronto Maple Leafs plenty of competition on Saturday. Dustin Byfuglien won’t finish the game, however, as he suffered an upper-body injury during the second period of tonight’s game.
Byfuglien’s had a mixed 2013-14 season. His offensive numbers are impressive (20 goals and 36 assists for 56 points in 78 games), although many will point to his -20 rating. (His perceived flaws also helped to explain an Olympic snub from Team USA).
He’s already missed six games with lower-body injuries this season. No word on whether he’ll miss a significant amount of time or if this is just a minor issue for the 29-year-old.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 1
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 28
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)