Apr 5, 2014, 9:36 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets might not have Evander Kane in the lineup, yet they’re giving the Toronto Maple Leafs plenty of competition on Saturday. Dustin Byfuglien won’t finish the game, however, as he suffered an upper-body injury during the second period of tonight’s game.
Byfuglien’s had a mixed 2013-14 season. His offensive numbers are impressive (20 goals and 36 assists for 56 points in 78 games), although many will point to his -20 rating. (His perceived flaws also helped to explain an Olympic snub from Team USA).
He’s already missed six games with lower-body injuries this season. No word on whether he’ll miss a significant amount of time or if this is just a minor issue for the 29-year-old.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 16
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 61
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (61)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)