Apr 5, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets might not have Evander Kane in the lineup, yet they’re giving the Toronto Maple Leafs plenty of competition on Saturday. Dustin Byfuglien won’t finish the game, however, as he suffered an upper-body injury during the second period of tonight’s game.
Byfuglien’s had a mixed 2013-14 season. His offensive numbers are impressive (20 goals and 36 assists for 56 points in 78 games), although many will point to his -20 rating. (His perceived flaws also helped to explain an Olympic snub from Team USA).
He’s already missed six games with lower-body injuries this season. No word on whether he’ll miss a significant amount of time or if this is just a minor issue for the 29-year-old.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 64
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50