Apr 5, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets might not have Evander Kane in the lineup, yet they’re giving the Toronto Maple Leafs plenty of competition on Saturday. Dustin Byfuglien won’t finish the game, however, as he suffered an upper-body injury during the second period of tonight’s game.
Byfuglien’s had a mixed 2013-14 season. His offensive numbers are impressive (20 goals and 36 assists for 56 points in 78 games), although many will point to his -20 rating. (His perceived flaws also helped to explain an Olympic snub from Team USA).
He’s already missed six games with lower-body injuries this season. No word on whether he’ll miss a significant amount of time or if this is just a minor issue for the 29-year-old.
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 11
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 6
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29