Apr 5, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets might not have Evander Kane in the lineup, yet they’re giving the Toronto Maple Leafs plenty of competition on Saturday. Dustin Byfuglien won’t finish the game, however, as he suffered an upper-body injury during the second period of tonight’s game.
Byfuglien’s had a mixed 2013-14 season. His offensive numbers are impressive (20 goals and 36 assists for 56 points in 78 games), although many will point to his -20 rating. (His perceived flaws also helped to explain an Olympic snub from Team USA).
He’s already missed six games with lower-body injuries this season. No word on whether he’ll miss a significant amount of time or if this is just a minor issue for the 29-year-old.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54