Apr 4, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils and Washington Capitals are still in the playoff mix for one of the Eastern Conference’s wild card spots, but both trail the top teams. Friday’s game could elevate one team’s chances while nearly burying the other one’s hopes, so it’s a big contest that you can watch on NBCSN and via the live stream link below.
Washington holds a one-point lead over New Jersey for 10th in the East, trailing the Toronto Maple Leafs by three (84 to Washington’s 81), Columbus by four (the Blue Jackets have 85 standings points) and Detroit by five (the Red Wings have 86). Every point counts, and the Capitals are running out of time to turn things around with four straight losses (0-2-2).
The Devils have been scrapping for standings points, although they continue to be frustrated in shootouts (all three of their losses in the last four games came via the “skills competition).
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 8
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 36
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 31
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 45
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 98
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 6
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)