Apr 4, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils and Washington Capitals are still in the playoff mix for one of the Eastern Conference’s wild card spots, but both trail the top teams. Friday’s game could elevate one team’s chances while nearly burying the other one’s hopes, so it’s a big contest that you can watch on NBCSN and via the live stream link below.
Washington holds a one-point lead over New Jersey for 10th in the East, trailing the Toronto Maple Leafs by three (84 to Washington’s 81), Columbus by four (the Blue Jackets have 85 standings points) and Detroit by five (the Red Wings have 86). Every point counts, and the Capitals are running out of time to turn things around with four straight losses (0-2-2).
The Devils have been scrapping for standings points, although they continue to be frustrated in shootouts (all three of their losses in the last four games came via the “skills competition).
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)