Apr 4, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
Big Washington Capitals winger Tom Wilson caught New Jersey Devils forward Patrik Elias with a hit that sent the veteran’s head into a (thankfully padded) turnbuckle/stanchion/area along the boards on Friday:
Elias was able to skate off with some help and hasn’t returned to the game yet.
There’s no official word regarding the 37-year-old’s condition as of this time. There wasn’t a penalty on the play, as it seemed like a hit that ended up happening in an unfortunate spot.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4