Apr 4, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
Big Washington Capitals winger Tom Wilson caught New Jersey Devils forward Patrik Elias with a hit that sent the veteran’s head into a (thankfully padded) turnbuckle/stanchion/area along the boards on Friday:
Elias was able to skate off with some help and hasn’t returned to the game yet.
There’s no official word regarding the 37-year-old’s condition as of this time. There wasn’t a penalty on the play, as it seemed like a hit that ended up happening in an unfortunate spot.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5