Apr 4, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
Big Washington Capitals winger Tom Wilson caught New Jersey Devils forward Patrik Elias with a hit that sent the veteran’s head into a (thankfully padded) turnbuckle/stanchion/area along the boards on Friday:
Elias was able to skate off with some help and hasn’t returned to the game yet.
There’s no official word regarding the 37-year-old’s condition as of this time. There wasn’t a penalty on the play, as it seemed like a hit that ended up happening in an unfortunate spot.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2