Apr 4, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
Big Washington Capitals winger Tom Wilson caught New Jersey Devils forward Patrik Elias with a hit that sent the veteran’s head into a (thankfully padded) turnbuckle/stanchion/area along the boards on Friday:
Elias was able to skate off with some help and hasn’t returned to the game yet.
Elias looks unsteady as he coasts off ice and then heads off to locker room.—
Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) April 04, 2014
There’s no official word regarding the 37-year-old’s condition as of this time. There wasn’t a penalty on the play, as it seemed like a hit that ended up happening in an unfortunate spot.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8