Apr 4, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
Big Washington Capitals winger Tom Wilson caught New Jersey Devils forward Patrik Elias with a hit that sent the veteran’s head into a (thankfully padded) turnbuckle/stanchion/area along the boards on Friday:
Elias was able to skate off with some help and hasn’t returned to the game yet.
There’s no official word regarding the 37-year-old’s condition as of this time. There wasn’t a penalty on the play, as it seemed like a hit that ended up happening in an unfortunate spot.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35