Apr 4, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
It was there for the Dallas Stars. The chance to separate away from the Phoenix Coyotes for the final Wild Card spot in the Western Conference. Didn’t work out that way, however.
The Stars lost on the road to the Carolina Hurricanes by a final score of 4-1 on Thursday. They remain in the Wild Card spot but are tied in points with the Coyotes at 85.
“We had our chances to get one and get some momentum, but we just didn’t get it done. We had some good looks, but our second chances just weren’t there,” Stars’ defenseman Trevor Daley told the Dallas Morning News.
“I felt we didn’t react the right way when we got scored on. When you get scored on, you want to be aggressive, and I thought we laid back.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5