Apr 4, 2014, 1:14 AM EST
It was there for the Dallas Stars. The chance to separate away from the Phoenix Coyotes for the final Wild Card spot in the Western Conference. Didn’t work out that way, however.
The Stars lost on the road to the Carolina Hurricanes by a final score of 4-1 on Thursday. They remain in the Wild Card spot but are tied in points with the Coyotes at 85.
“We had our chances to get one and get some momentum, but we just didn’t get it done. We had some good looks, but our second chances just weren’t there,” Stars’ defenseman Trevor Daley told the Dallas Morning News.
“I felt we didn’t react the right way when we got scored on. When you get scored on, you want to be aggressive, and I thought we laid back.”
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 5
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)