Apr 4, 2014, 3:24 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Luongo returns from concussion
Luongo has fared well fin his second stint with in Florida, going 4-5-1 with a 2.54 GAA and .923 save percentage. He’ll need to continue that solid play if the Panthers are to snap their current four-game losing streak.
For the Flames, Joey MacDonald gets the start in goal.
Hiller back from three-game break
Jonas Hiller will start for the first time in a week on Friday when the Ducks host the Preds in Anaheim.
Hiller was given all three games off last week after showing signs of fatigue, according to head coach Bruce Boudreau. The Swiss goalie has been very good for the Ducks this year and will be an important figure come playoff time but, tonight, he’ll be looking to build on his outstanding numbers at the Honda Center: 16-5-4, 2.01 GAA and .927 save percentage.
For Nashville, Pekka Rinne will be in net.
‘Hawks at Jackets: Sergei Bobrovsky for Columbus; no word yet on Chicago starter
Buffalo at Detroit: Matthew Hackett vs. Jimmy Howard
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23