Apr 4, 2014, 3:24 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Luongo returns from concussion
Luongo has fared well fin his second stint with in Florida, going 4-5-1 with a 2.54 GAA and .923 save percentage. He’ll need to continue that solid play if the Panthers are to snap their current four-game losing streak.
For the Flames, Joey MacDonald gets the start in goal.
Hiller back from three-game break
Jonas Hiller will start for the first time in a week on Friday when the Ducks host the Preds in Anaheim.
Hiller was given all three games off last week after showing signs of fatigue, according to head coach Bruce Boudreau. The Swiss goalie has been very good for the Ducks this year and will be an important figure come playoff time but, tonight, he’ll be looking to build on his outstanding numbers at the Honda Center: 16-5-4, 2.01 GAA and .927 save percentage.
For Nashville, Pekka Rinne will be in net.
‘Hawks at Jackets: Sergei Bobrovsky for Columbus; no word yet on Chicago starter
Buffalo at Detroit: Matthew Hackett vs. Jimmy Howard
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7