Apr 4, 2014, 3:24 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Luongo returns from concussion
Luongo has fared well fin his second stint with in Florida, going 4-5-1 with a 2.54 GAA and .923 save percentage. He’ll need to continue that solid play if the Panthers are to snap their current four-game losing streak.
For the Flames, Joey MacDonald gets the start in goal.
Hiller back from three-game break
Jonas Hiller will start for the first time in a week on Friday when the Ducks host the Preds in Anaheim.
Hiller was given all three games off last week after showing signs of fatigue, according to head coach Bruce Boudreau. The Swiss goalie has been very good for the Ducks this year and will be an important figure come playoff time but, tonight, he’ll be looking to build on his outstanding numbers at the Honda Center: 16-5-4, 2.01 GAA and .927 save percentage.
For Nashville, Pekka Rinne will be in net.
‘Hawks at Jackets: Sergei Bobrovsky for Columbus; no word yet on Chicago starter
Buffalo at Detroit: Matthew Hackett vs. Jimmy Howard
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 0
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 15
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 21
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 29
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 14
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (55)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)