Apr 4, 2014, 3:24 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Luongo returns from concussion
Luongo has fared well fin his second stint with in Florida, going 4-5-1 with a 2.54 GAA and .923 save percentage. He’ll need to continue that solid play if the Panthers are to snap their current four-game losing streak.
For the Flames, Joey MacDonald gets the start in goal.
Hiller back from three-game break
Jonas Hiller will start for the first time in a week on Friday when the Ducks host the Preds in Anaheim.
Hiller was given all three games off last week after showing signs of fatigue, according to head coach Bruce Boudreau. The Swiss goalie has been very good for the Ducks this year and will be an important figure come playoff time but, tonight, he’ll be looking to build on his outstanding numbers at the Honda Center: 16-5-4, 2.01 GAA and .927 save percentage.
For Nashville, Pekka Rinne will be in net.
‘Hawks at Jackets: Sergei Bobrovsky for Columbus; no word yet on Chicago starter
Buffalo at Detroit: Matthew Hackett vs. Jimmy Howard
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 2
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 2
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)