Apr 4, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
This isn’t good news for the L.A. Kings.
Defenseman Drew Doughty left Thursday’s game against the San Jose Sharks with an upper-body injury and was not expected to return, according to Lisa Dillman of the L.A. Times. In 77 games this season with the Kings, the 24-year-old Doughty has 10 goals and 37 points.
Updated: As per NHL.com, Doughty will not return to the game.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 9
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22