Apr 4, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
This isn’t good news for the L.A. Kings.
Defenseman Drew Doughty left Thursday’s game against the San Jose Sharks with an upper-body injury and was not expected to return, according to Lisa Dillman of the L.A. Times. In 77 games this season with the Kings, the 24-year-old Doughty has 10 goals and 37 points.
Just saw the video. Looked like Doughty got hurt after his hit on Tyler Kennedy in the left circle. Appears to be shoulder.—
lisa dillman (@reallisa) April 04, 2014
Updated: As per NHL.com, Doughty will not return to the game.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)