Apr 4, 2014, 4:43 PM EDT
Sounds as though St. Louis will be without top goal man Alex Steen for both of this weekend’s games against Colorado and Chicago.
Steen, who sat out Thursday’s 2-1 win over Buffalo with an upper-body injury, is definitely out versus the Avs on Saturday and “likely” out for Sunday’s big tilt against Chicago on Sunday, head coach Ken Hitchcock said.
It’s been a tough campaign for Steen health-wise — disappointing, given it’s also been the best offensive season of his career. The Swede has a career-high 33 goals and is tied with T.J. Oshie for the team lead with 60 points, despite only playing in 64 games.
Steen missed significant time in December and January with a concussion, his second in as many years, yet still showed the Blues organization enough to ink a three-year, $17.4 million extension in mid-Decmeber.
Looking ahead, it’ll be interesting to see if Steen will be held out of Sunday’s game against Chicago. The Blackhawks will be without two of their leading scorers, as Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane have been shut down for the remainder of the regular season to rest their respective injuries.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22