Apr 4, 2014, 4:43 PM EDT
Sounds as though St. Louis will be without top goal man Alex Steen for both of this weekend’s games against Colorado and Chicago.
Steen, who sat out Thursday’s 2-1 win over Buffalo with an upper-body injury, is definitely out versus the Avs on Saturday and “likely” out for Sunday’s big tilt against Chicago on Sunday, head coach Ken Hitchcock said.
It’s been a tough campaign for Steen health-wise — disappointing, given it’s also been the best offensive season of his career. The Swede has a career-high 33 goals and is tied with T.J. Oshie for the team lead with 60 points, despite only playing in 64 games.
Steen missed significant time in December and January with a concussion, his second in as many years, yet still showed the Blues organization enough to ink a three-year, $17.4 million extension in mid-Decmeber.
Looking ahead, it’ll be interesting to see if Steen will be held out of Sunday’s game against Chicago. The Blackhawks will be without two of their leading scorers, as Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane have been shut down for the remainder of the regular season to rest their respective injuries.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)