Apr 4, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Bernier was hurt last night versus Boston. Reimer came in to replace him, stopping 10 of 11 shots in a 4-3 overtime victory.
Even though the Leafs’ playoff hopes remain slim after beating the Bruins, Reimer has much to prove. His .896 save percentage in March, much of it compiled while Bernier was out recovering from a groin injury, made him one of the defining faces of Toronto’s epic eight-game losing streak.
There has been speculation that Reimer — a pending restricted free agent — will request a trade this summer. The 26-year-old is 12-13-1 with a .908 save percentage on the season.
Toronto hosts Winnipeg Saturday before finishing its schedule with three games on the road against Tampa Bay, Florida, and Ottawa.
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 4
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)