Apr 4, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Bernier was hurt last night versus Boston. Reimer came in to replace him, stopping 10 of 11 shots in a 4-3 overtime victory.
Even though the Leafs’ playoff hopes remain slim after beating the Bruins, Reimer has much to prove. His .896 save percentage in March, much of it compiled while Bernier was out recovering from a groin injury, made him one of the defining faces of Toronto’s epic eight-game losing streak.
There has been speculation that Reimer — a pending restricted free agent — will request a trade this summer. The 26-year-old is 12-13-1 with a .908 save percentage on the season.
Toronto hosts Winnipeg Saturday before finishing its schedule with three games on the road against Tampa Bay, Florida, and Ottawa.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8