Apr 4, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Bernier was hurt last night versus Boston. Reimer came in to replace him, stopping 10 of 11 shots in a 4-3 overtime victory.
Even though the Leafs’ playoff hopes remain slim after beating the Bruins, Reimer has much to prove. His .896 save percentage in March, much of it compiled while Bernier was out recovering from a groin injury, made him one of the defining faces of Toronto’s epic eight-game losing streak.
There has been speculation that Reimer — a pending restricted free agent — will request a trade this summer. The 26-year-old is 12-13-1 with a .908 save percentage on the season.
Toronto hosts Winnipeg Saturday before finishing its schedule with three games on the road against Tampa Bay, Florida, and Ottawa.
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 0
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 102
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (102)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)