Apr 4, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will get a huge boost in their hunt for the playoffs on Friday against Chicago, as rookie defenseman Ryan Murray will return to the lineup for the first time in over a month.
Murray, who went out with a knee injury against Toronto on Mar. 3, has missed the last 16 games as a result. The No. 2 overall pick at the ’12 draft was a key contributor on the Columbus back end prior to getting hurt, notching 20 points in 61 games while averaging over 20 minutes per night.
The Blue Jackets head into tonight in sole possession of the final wild card spot in the East, one point up on idle Toronto with two games in hand. They’d love to get a result against the ‘Hawks but will be hard pressed to do so — the last time the two played, back on Mar. 6, Chicago laid a 6-1 whipping on Columbus at the United Center.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)