Apr 4, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will get a huge boost in their hunt for the playoffs on Friday against Chicago, as rookie defenseman Ryan Murray will return to the lineup for the first time in over a month.
Murray, who went out with a knee injury against Toronto on Mar. 3, has missed the last 16 games as a result. The No. 2 overall pick at the ’12 draft was a key contributor on the Columbus back end prior to getting hurt, notching 20 points in 61 games while averaging over 20 minutes per night.
The Blue Jackets head into tonight in sole possession of the final wild card spot in the East, one point up on idle Toronto with two games in hand. They’d love to get a result against the ‘Hawks but will be hard pressed to do so — the last time the two played, back on Mar. 6, Chicago laid a 6-1 whipping on Columbus at the United Center.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 20
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 23
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)