Apr 3, 2014, 1:45 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks did it again.
Battling for the Pacific Division title, the Ducks fell behind the Edmonton Oilers in the third period by a pair of goals, but rallied for the 3-2 win in regulation. Corey Perry scored twice – he’s up to 41 goals on the season – and set up Francois Beauchemin for the winning goal with 1:21 remaining.
Earlier this week, the Ducks overcame a four-goal deficit to defeat the Winnipeg Jets in overtime. The recent comeback kids now lead the San Jose Sharks by three points for the Pacific Division lead late in the regular season.
Meanwhile, the season of disappointment continues for the Oilers. They remain at 61 points and are officially not in the playoff race.
“I think it’s safe to say this has been the toughest year out of the four I’ve faced — just with the expectations we had coming in and the way that we’ve played has let everyone, including ourselves, down,” said Taylor Hall earlier in the week, as per the Edmonton Journal.
The first highlight clip below shows the tying goal – a Perry deflection in front that counts as his 41st of the season.
The second highlight clip is of Beauchemin’s winner, which was a one-time slap shot that Edmonton’s goalie Viktor Fasth would probably like to have back.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 3
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)