Apr 3, 2014, 1:45 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks did it again.
Battling for the Pacific Division title, the Ducks fell behind the Edmonton Oilers in the third period by a pair of goals, but rallied for the 3-2 win in regulation. Corey Perry scored twice – he’s up to 41 goals on the season – and set up Francois Beauchemin for the winning goal with 1:21 remaining.
Earlier this week, the Ducks overcame a four-goal deficit to defeat the Winnipeg Jets in overtime. The recent comeback kids now lead the San Jose Sharks by three points for the Pacific Division lead late in the regular season.
Meanwhile, the season of disappointment continues for the Oilers. They remain at 61 points and are officially not in the playoff race.
“I think it’s safe to say this has been the toughest year out of the four I’ve faced — just with the expectations we had coming in and the way that we’ve played has let everyone, including ourselves, down,” said Taylor Hall earlier in the week, as per the Edmonton Journal.
The first highlight clip below shows the tying goal – a Perry deflection in front that counts as his 41st of the season.
The second highlight clip is of Beauchemin’s winner, which was a one-time slap shot that Edmonton’s goalie Viktor Fasth would probably like to have back.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 2
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)