Apr 3, 2014, 1:45 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks did it again.
Battling for the Pacific Division title, the Ducks fell behind the Edmonton Oilers in the third period by a pair of goals, but rallied for the 3-2 win in regulation. Corey Perry scored twice – he’s up to 41 goals on the season – and set up Francois Beauchemin for the winning goal with 1:21 remaining.
Earlier this week, the Ducks overcame a four-goal deficit to defeat the Winnipeg Jets in overtime. The recent comeback kids now lead the San Jose Sharks by three points for the Pacific Division lead late in the regular season.
Meanwhile, the season of disappointment continues for the Oilers. They remain at 61 points and are officially not in the playoff race.
“I think it’s safe to say this has been the toughest year out of the four I’ve faced — just with the expectations we had coming in and the way that we’ve played has let everyone, including ourselves, down,” said Taylor Hall earlier in the week, as per the Edmonton Journal.
The first highlight clip below shows the tying goal – a Perry deflection in front that counts as his 41st of the season.
The second highlight clip is of Beauchemin’s winner, which was a one-time slap shot that Edmonton’s goalie Viktor Fasth would probably like to have back.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)