Apr 3, 2014, 1:45 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks did it again.
Battling for the Pacific Division title, the Ducks fell behind the Edmonton Oilers in the third period by a pair of goals, but rallied for the 3-2 win in regulation. Corey Perry scored twice – he’s up to 41 goals on the season – and set up Francois Beauchemin for the winning goal with 1:21 remaining.
Earlier this week, the Ducks overcame a four-goal deficit to defeat the Winnipeg Jets in overtime. The recent comeback kids now lead the San Jose Sharks by three points for the Pacific Division lead late in the regular season.
Meanwhile, the season of disappointment continues for the Oilers. They remain at 61 points and are officially not in the playoff race.
“I think it’s safe to say this has been the toughest year out of the four I’ve faced — just with the expectations we had coming in and the way that we’ve played has let everyone, including ourselves, down,” said Taylor Hall earlier in the week, as per the Edmonton Journal.
The first highlight clip below shows the tying goal – a Perry deflection in front that counts as his 41st of the season.
The second highlight clip is of Beauchemin’s winner, which was a one-time slap shot that Edmonton’s goalie Viktor Fasth would probably like to have back.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)