Apr 3, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Luongo has missed the last three games after he was run over by Carolina Hurricanes forward Radek Dvorak in a game back on March 27. Dvorak was ejected from the game as a result of a heavy collision with Luongo, who was in his goal crease trying to defend Dvorak as he charged to the net.
Luongo was ruled out of Florida’s next game against the Montreal Canadiens – two days after the run-in with Dvorak.
The return of Luongo, reacquired by Panthers in a blockbuster deal with the Vancouver Canucks the day before the trade deadline, would mean Scott Clemmensen would be sent back to San Antonio in the American Hockey League.
“Regardless of where I’m at or who I’m playing for or what the circumstances are I’m going to try my hardest so that when the summer comes whatever happens happen I can live with. I’ll have no regrets,” Clemmensen told the Sun Sentinel.
“ll do whatever I can to further my career. If it doesn’t happen then at least I’ll know I did everything possible.”
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 4
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 32
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 35
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)