Apr 3, 2014, 5:13 PM EDT
From the Miami Herald:
Panthers CEO Rory Babich wouldn’t play ball when we asked him today what his Plan B is — and if it includes relocating the team — if the Broward County Commission rejects his request for a hike in bed tax dollars.
“In my view that is a hypothetical ….,” Babich said in an interview after a Tower Forum event in Fort Lauderdale Thursday. “It’s my belief we will reach an appropriation resolution.”
We’ll let you click on the link for the details. (We’d rather write about hockey than bed taxes.)
But it’s no surprise that Babich was asked about the potential for relocation after the Panthers hinted at (threatened?) that exact possibility in a presentation to the county.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 50
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50