Apr 3, 2014, 5:13 PM EST
From the Miami Herald:
Panthers CEO Rory Babich wouldn’t play ball when we asked him today what his Plan B is — and if it includes relocating the team — if the Broward County Commission rejects his request for a hike in bed tax dollars.
“In my view that is a hypothetical ….,” Babich said in an interview after a Tower Forum event in Fort Lauderdale Thursday. “It’s my belief we will reach an appropriation resolution.”
We’ll let you click on the link for the details. (We’d rather write about hockey than bed taxes.)
But it’s no surprise that Babich was asked about the potential for relocation after the Panthers hinted at (threatened?) that exact possibility in a presentation to the county.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 17
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 11
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8