Apr 3, 2014, 5:13 PM EDT
From the Miami Herald:
Panthers CEO Rory Babich wouldn’t play ball when we asked him today what his Plan B is — and if it includes relocating the team — if the Broward County Commission rejects his request for a hike in bed tax dollars.
“In my view that is a hypothetical ….,” Babich said in an interview after a Tower Forum event in Fort Lauderdale Thursday. “It’s my belief we will reach an appropriation resolution.”
We’ll let you click on the link for the details. (We’d rather write about hockey than bed taxes.)
But it’s no surprise that Babich was asked about the potential for relocation after the Panthers hinted at (threatened?) that exact possibility in a presentation to the county.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13