Apr 3, 2014, 11:13 PM EST
Jonathan Bernier‘s recent struggles with injury continue.
The Toronto Maple Leafs’ goalie left Thursday’s game against the Boston Bruins in the third period with a lower-body injury, and is scheduled to undergo an MRI on Friday, according to Arash Madani of Sportsnet. On March 13, Bernier left a game against the L.A. Kings also because of a lower-body injury that kept him out until March 25, when he returned to Toronto’s lineup.
“We needed that and he needed that,” Leafs’ head coach Randy Carlyle said of Reimer afterwards, according to Mark Masters of TSN.
Added Leafs’ defenseman Paul Ranger, who pushed a Patrice Bergeron on top of Bernier, appearing to cause the injury, to hockey reporter Dhiren Mahiban: “He’s a key part of us. I hope that everything is ok. I don’t know what’s going to happen here.”
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 0
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)