Apr 3, 2014, 12:41 AM EST
It’s simply inevitable. The Buffalo Sabres and the St. Louis Blues will face each other on Thursday.
It’s the first time since star goalie Ryan Miller was traded out of Buffalo to St. Louis that the two teams will clash.
Miller, 33, played his entire professional career in the Sabres organization, winning the Vezina Trophy in 2010. He recorded 284 wins with Buffalo, breaking into the National Hockey League back in 2002-03.
“It’s going to be a little strange,” said Miller, as per NHL.com. “There were a group of guys I played with for a number of years. It’s going to be a little bit different but all great guys, all guys I count as friends. I’m looking forward to seeing them.
“On the human side of it I’m glad the guys are going to be in town. A chance to see some friends.”
Since joining the Blues, the top team in the Western Conference with 109 points, Miller has 10 wins in 14 games. As of the early days of March, he was “very open” to perhaps signing an extension with the Blues.
Nov 23, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Chara placed on long-term injured reserve.
Nov 23, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Paul Maurice irate with the penalty call.
Nov 23, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Received a two minute boarding minor.
Nov 23, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Not much of a margin for error for the banged-up B’s.
Nov 23, 2014, 4:14 PM EST
Seriously, this is pretty harsh.
Nov 23, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
He’s appeared in 737 consecutive games.
Nov 23, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Sunday’s starting goalies.
Nov 23, 2014, 3:13 PM EST
He set up Tyler Seguin’s breakaway goal.
Nov 23, 2014, 12:51 PM EST
Good luck with that.
Nov 23, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
He shared the evidence and a boatload of hashtags.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:39 AM EST
His twin Henrik will play his 1,031st.
Nov 23, 2014, 10:34 AM EST
The kind of pass you’d don a mullet wig for.
Nov 23, 2014, 9:33 AM EST
The Syracuse Crunch and Utica Comets drew more than 30,000 fans.
Nov 23, 2014, 2:30 AM EST
L.A. has won only once away from Staples Center this season.
Nov 23, 2014, 1:34 AM EST
Edmonton lost 7-1 on home ice. Six straight losses.
Nov 23, 2014, 1:01 AM EST
Nov 23, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
Washington lost out on a chance for three straight wins.
Nov 23, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
These teams play against Dec. 27.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:23 PM EST
Struggling is an understatement.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:56 PM EST
Meanwhile, Edmonton at risk of losing six straight.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 83
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (83)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)