Apr 3, 2014, 12:41 AM EDT
It’s simply inevitable. The Buffalo Sabres and the St. Louis Blues will face each other on Thursday.
It’s the first time since star goalie Ryan Miller was traded out of Buffalo to St. Louis that the two teams will clash.
Miller, 33, played his entire professional career in the Sabres organization, winning the Vezina Trophy in 2010. He recorded 284 wins with Buffalo, breaking into the National Hockey League back in 2002-03.
“It’s going to be a little strange,” said Miller, as per NHL.com. “There were a group of guys I played with for a number of years. It’s going to be a little bit different but all great guys, all guys I count as friends. I’m looking forward to seeing them.
“On the human side of it I’m glad the guys are going to be in town. A chance to see some friends.”
Since joining the Blues, the top team in the Western Conference with 109 points, Miller has 10 wins in 14 games. As of the early days of March, he was “very open” to perhaps signing an extension with the Blues.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)