Apr 3, 2014, 12:41 AM EDT
It’s simply inevitable. The Buffalo Sabres and the St. Louis Blues will face each other on Thursday.
It’s the first time since star goalie Ryan Miller was traded out of Buffalo to St. Louis that the two teams will clash.
Miller, 33, played his entire professional career in the Sabres organization, winning the Vezina Trophy in 2010. He recorded 284 wins with Buffalo, breaking into the National Hockey League back in 2002-03.
“It’s going to be a little strange,” said Miller, as per NHL.com. “There were a group of guys I played with for a number of years. It’s going to be a little bit different but all great guys, all guys I count as friends. I’m looking forward to seeing them.
“On the human side of it I’m glad the guys are going to be in town. A chance to see some friends.”
Since joining the Blues, the top team in the Western Conference with 109 points, Miller has 10 wins in 14 games. As of the early days of March, he was “very open” to perhaps signing an extension with the Blues.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)