Apr 3, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Bob and Steve
Some compelling storylines tonight in Philadelphia as two young goalies will face their former teams — ex-Flyer Sergei Bobrovsky gets the start for Columbus, while ex-Jacket Steve Mason goes for Philly.
Bobrovsky has been good lately, even though his record doesn’t show it. The Russian ‘tender has only allowed seven goals on his last 91 shots (.923 save percentage) but last lost all three of his last starts, including a 3-2 OT decision to Colorado on Tuesday.
Mason also lost his last start in a shootout — 4-3, to the Bruins — but played very well throughout the month of March, going 8-2-2 with a 2.48 GAA and .917 save percentage.
No Miller for Blues
“It’s fine,” Miller said, per NHL.com. “There will be a lot of time to worry about that later. This year it’s pretty fresh leaving that situation, so maybe it’s just a full break, get [Elliott] in there.
“Hopefully I get to see some of the boys for dinner or see them around the rink, catch up and see how they’re doing.”
Elliott hasn’t played much since the Blues acquired Miller, but has been good in the limited chances he’s received. The veteran is 2-0-0 with a .088 GAA and .964 save percentage since Miller came aboard, and has a good shot at bettering those numbers against Buffalo’s anemic offense.
Bruins at Leafs: Jonathan Bernier for Toronto; no word yet on Boston’s starter.
Rangers at Avs: Semyon Varlamov for Colorado; no word yet on a Rangers starter.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 18
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 6
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)