Apr 3, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets, for the moment, tightened their hold on the second Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference on Thursday.
Once again, goaltending came up huge for the Blue Jackets. Sergei Bobrovsky made 37 saves and Columbus recorded a 2-0 win over the Flyers to temporarily move three points up on the Toronto Maple Leafs – also in action against the Boston Bruins – for the second Wild Card spot.
The Blue Jackets also moved to within two points of the Flyers for third in the Metropolitan Division. This win for Columbus comes almost 24 hours after the Red Wings pulled off a come-from-behind victory over the Bruins.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 18
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9