Apr 3, 2014, 9:56 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets, for the moment, tightened their hold on the second Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference on Thursday.
Once again, goaltending came up huge for the Blue Jackets. Sergei Bobrovsky made 37 saves and Columbus recorded a 2-0 win over the Flyers to temporarily move three points up on the Toronto Maple Leafs – also in action against the Boston Bruins – for the second Wild Card spot.
The Blue Jackets also moved to within two points of the Flyers for third in the Metropolitan Division. This win for Columbus comes almost 24 hours after the Red Wings pulled off a come-from-behind victory over the Bruins.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 47
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)