Apr 3, 2014, 9:56 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets, for the moment, tightened their hold on the second Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference on Thursday.
Once again, goaltending came up huge for the Blue Jackets. Sergei Bobrovsky made 37 saves and Columbus recorded a 2-0 win over the Flyers to temporarily move three points up on the Toronto Maple Leafs – also in action against the Boston Bruins – for the second Wild Card spot.
The Blue Jackets also moved to within two points of the Flyers for third in the Metropolitan Division. This win for Columbus comes almost 24 hours after the Red Wings pulled off a come-from-behind victory over the Bruins.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 0
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 18
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 13
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 7
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)