Apr 3, 2014, 9:56 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets, for the moment, tightened their hold on the second Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference on Thursday.
Once again, goaltending came up huge for the Blue Jackets. Sergei Bobrovsky made 37 saves and Columbus recorded a 2-0 win over the Flyers to temporarily move three points up on the Toronto Maple Leafs – also in action against the Boston Bruins – for the second Wild Card spot.
The Blue Jackets also moved to within two points of the Flyers for third in the Metropolitan Division. This win for Columbus comes almost 24 hours after the Red Wings pulled off a come-from-behind victory over the Bruins.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)