Apr 3, 2014, 3:51 PM EDT
From Pat “Stop Coaching” Leonard of the New York Daily News:
Vigneault says JT Miller has to "figure it out" and show more "commitment." If he does, good. If not, "he’ll be a good minor-leaguer"—
Pat Leonard (@PLeonardNYDN) April 03, 2014
And one more from The Record’s Andrew Gross:
Regarding JT Miller being sent back to Hartford, AV says Miller needs to "figure it out," pointedly says both on and off the ice.—
Andrew Gross (@AGrossRecord) April 03, 2014
The Rangers announced yesterday that Miller had been assigned to the club’s AHL affiliate. In 30 NHL games this season, the 21-year-old has just three goals and three assists.
Miller was drafted 15th overall in 2011 out of the U.S. National Development program.
“I’m a pretty competitive kid,” he said at the time. “I always want to compete and I’m pretty hard to play against, so I think that’s my best attribute.”
Clearly, Vigneault would like Miller to start proving it.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35