Apr 2, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
Minnesota has recalled goalie John Curry and forward Jake Dowell from AHL Iowa.
Why did the Wild do that? Michael Russo of the StarTribune explains:
Russo has more details here.
With two straight wins over Phoenix and L.A., the Wild head into Thursday’s game in Chicago comfortably in a playoff position, though still with some work to do to fend off at least one of the Coyotes or Stars, preferably both.
Granlund (suspected head injury) will not play versus the Blackhawks. The seriousness of the injury is unclear.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)