Apr 2, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
Minnesota has recalled goalie John Curry and forward Jake Dowell from AHL Iowa.
Why did the Wild do that? Michael Russo of the StarTribune explains:
Russo has more details here.
With two straight wins over Phoenix and L.A., the Wild head into Thursday’s game in Chicago comfortably in a playoff position, though still with some work to do to fend off at least one of the Coyotes or Stars, preferably both.
Granlund (suspected head injury) will not play versus the Blackhawks. The seriousness of the injury is unclear.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 0
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 7
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 39
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 48
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (49)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)