Apr 2, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
Nyquist scored an absolutely beautiful breakaway goal to lift the Detroit Red Wings to a 3-2 victory over the Boston Bruins on Wednesday. It’s a huge two points for the Red Wings, who maintain a three point lead on the Columbus Blue Jackets for the top Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference.
Nyquist helped strip Carl Soderberg of the puck inside the Detroit blue line, then took off with a burst of speed, going around Chara and snapping a shot that beat Rask on the glove side. It’s the 28th goal of the season for Nyquist. His previous career high in the NHL was three in 22 games last season.
He’s heating up at the right time for Detroit, with 12 goals in his last 10 games. The Red Wings got a pair of pretty goals in the third period, including the one from Nyquist. Tomas Jurco scored courtesy some fancy footwork from Tomas Tatar to tie the game.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 55
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53