Apr 2, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
Nyquist scored an absolutely beautiful breakaway goal to lift the Detroit Red Wings to a 3-2 victory over the Boston Bruins on Wednesday. It’s a huge two points for the Red Wings, who maintain a three point lead on the Columbus Blue Jackets for the top Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference.
Nyquist helped strip Carl Soderberg of the puck inside the Detroit blue line, then took off with a burst of speed, going around Chara and snapping a shot that beat Rask on the glove side. It’s the 28th goal of the season for Nyquist. His previous career high in the NHL was three in 22 games last season.
He’s heating up at the right time for Detroit, with 12 goals in his last 10 games. The Red Wings got a pair of pretty goals in the third period, including the one from Nyquist. Tomas Jurco scored courtesy some fancy footwork from Tomas Tatar to tie the game.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 32
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)