Apr 2, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Nyquist scored an absolutely beautiful breakaway goal to lift the Detroit Red Wings to a 3-2 victory over the Boston Bruins on Wednesday. It’s a huge two points for the Red Wings, who maintain a three point lead on the Columbus Blue Jackets for the top Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference.
Nyquist helped strip Carl Soderberg of the puck inside the Detroit blue line, then took off with a burst of speed, going around Chara and snapping a shot that beat Rask on the glove side. It’s the 28th goal of the season for Nyquist. His previous career high in the NHL was three in 22 games last season.
He’s heating up at the right time for Detroit, with 12 goals in his last 10 games. The Red Wings got a pair of pretty goals in the third period, including the one from Nyquist. Tomas Jurco scored courtesy some fancy footwork from Tomas Tatar to tie the game.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)