Apr 2, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Nyquist scored an absolutely beautiful breakaway goal to lift the Detroit Red Wings to a 3-2 victory over the Boston Bruins on Wednesday. It’s a huge two points for the Red Wings, who maintain a three point lead on the Columbus Blue Jackets for the top Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference.
Nyquist helped strip Carl Soderberg of the puck inside the Detroit blue line, then took off with a burst of speed, going around Chara and snapping a shot that beat Rask on the glove side. It’s the 28th goal of the season for Nyquist. His previous career high in the NHL was three in 22 games last season.
He’s heating up at the right time for Detroit, with 12 goals in his last 10 games. The Red Wings got a pair of pretty goals in the third period, including the one from Nyquist. Tomas Jurco scored courtesy some fancy footwork from Tomas Tatar to tie the game.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (45)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)