Apr 2, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Nyquist scored an absolutely beautiful breakaway goal to lift the Detroit Red Wings to a 3-2 victory over the Boston Bruins on Wednesday. It’s a huge two points for the Red Wings, who maintain a three point lead on the Columbus Blue Jackets for the top Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference.
Nyquist helped strip Carl Soderberg of the puck inside the Detroit blue line, then took off with a burst of speed, going around Chara and snapping a shot that beat Rask on the glove side. It’s the 28th goal of the season for Nyquist. His previous career high in the NHL was three in 22 games last season.
He’s heating up at the right time for Detroit, with 12 goals in his last 10 games. The Red Wings got a pair of pretty goals in the third period, including the one from Nyquist. Tomas Jurco scored courtesy some fancy footwork from Tomas Tatar to tie the game.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)