Apr 2, 2014, 4:21 PM EST
From CSN Chicago:
“You definitely have to protect your better players.”
It’s always a passionate debate — to respond or not to respond.
Clean hit by Brooks Orpik or not, clearly Mayers — a guy who racked up 1,200 PIM during his NHL career — felt the ‘Hawks should’ve done something to stick up for their captain.
Some will agree with Mayers, while others will say the best revenge would’ve been beating the Penguins on the scoreboard.
Related: Toews done for the regular season
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)