Apr 2, 2014, 8:42 AM EST
Murray will face up to a five-game suspension for his elbow to the head of Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Mike Kostka on Tuesday night. Murray was assessed a match penalty on the play that put Kostka down on the ice for minutes before ultimately skating off with assistance.
Murray has no prior history of running afoul of the law, either with suspensions or fines, and that may be what’s saving him from an in-person hearing.
This season, Murray has averaged 15:30 of ice time and has 27 penalty minutes in 52 games. He’s far from being a goon, but he’s going to have a record after all is said and done.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)