Apr 2, 2014, 8:42 AM EDT
Murray will face up to a five-game suspension for his elbow to the head of Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Mike Kostka on Tuesday night. Murray was assessed a match penalty on the play that put Kostka down on the ice for minutes before ultimately skating off with assistance.
Murray has no prior history of running afoul of the law, either with suspensions or fines, and that may be what’s saving him from an in-person hearing.
This season, Murray has averaged 15:30 of ice time and has 27 penalty minutes in 52 games. He’s far from being a goon, but he’s going to have a record after all is said and done.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 8
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)