Apr 2, 2014, 8:42 AM EDT
Murray will face up to a five-game suspension for his elbow to the head of Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Mike Kostka on Tuesday night. Murray was assessed a match penalty on the play that put Kostka down on the ice for minutes before ultimately skating off with assistance.
Murray has no prior history of running afoul of the law, either with suspensions or fines, and that may be what’s saving him from an in-person hearing.
This season, Murray has averaged 15:30 of ice time and has 27 penalty minutes in 52 games. He’s far from being a goon, but he’s going to have a record after all is said and done.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 17
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)