Apr 2, 2014, 9:08 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Chris Pronger hasn’t played since 2011 due to concussion problems and his playing career is most assuredly done. That’s not keeping him away from hockey however and awaiting his eventual call from the Hall of Fame. (Canadian Press)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Wednesday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $200. Starts Wednesday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Now that the Maple Leafs’ losing streak is over, it’s time for them to try and start a winning streak so they can make the playoffs. (Sportsnet)
Since the Montreal Canadiens clinched a playoff spot last night, that means the Thomas Vanek trade is officially complete as far as the New York Islanders are concerned. At least on that end of the trade anyhow. (Islanders Point Blank)
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40