Apr 2, 2014, 2:10 PM EST
Some good news for the Rangers regarding Ryan McDonagh — after exiting last night’s win in Vancouver with his left arm in a sling, McDonagh traveled with the team to Colorado for Thursday night’s game, rather than head back to New York for further evaluation.
Here’s more, from the Bergen Record:
If, as expected, McDonagh is unable to play [Thursday vs. Avalanche] , John Moore will return to the lineup after suffering concussion symptoms in 3-1 win at Columbus on March 21. Moore resumed skating five days later and has been practicing with the team since.
Alain Vigneault said in Vancouver Moore needed one more practice and then it would be a coach’s decision when to reinsert him into the lineup. McDonagh’s injury makes the coach’s decision part of it moot.
McDonagh’s injury occurred late in Tuesday’s 3-1 victory, coming on a hit from Canucks forward Alex Burrows. The Rangers defenseman appeared to be in significant pain while lying on the ice, and Burrows was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for the hit.
New York can ill afford to lose McDonagh, so it’s telling that the team is comfortable with him traveling to Colorado rather than returning home (the Rangers won’t get back to New York until Friday.) The New York Post reports there is no structural damage to McDonagh’s shoulder.
McDonagh’s in the midst of an outstanding campaign, posting career highs in goals (14), assists (29), points (43) and TOI per game (25:49).
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 84
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)