Apr 2, 2014, 2:10 PM EST
Some good news for the Rangers regarding Ryan McDonagh — after exiting last night’s win in Vancouver with his left arm in a sling, McDonagh traveled with the team to Colorado for Thursday night’s game, rather than head back to New York for further evaluation.
Here’s more, from the Bergen Record:
If, as expected, McDonagh is unable to play [Thursday vs. Avalanche] , John Moore will return to the lineup after suffering concussion symptoms in 3-1 win at Columbus on March 21. Moore resumed skating five days later and has been practicing with the team since.
Alain Vigneault said in Vancouver Moore needed one more practice and then it would be a coach’s decision when to reinsert him into the lineup. McDonagh’s injury makes the coach’s decision part of it moot.
McDonagh’s injury occurred late in Tuesday’s 3-1 victory, coming on a hit from Canucks forward Alex Burrows. The Rangers defenseman appeared to be in significant pain while lying on the ice, and Burrows was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for the hit.
New York can ill afford to lose McDonagh, so it’s telling that the team is comfortable with him traveling to Colorado rather than returning home (the Rangers won’t get back to New York until Friday.) The New York Post reports there is no structural damage to McDonagh’s shoulder.
McDonagh’s in the midst of an outstanding campaign, posting career highs in goals (14), assists (29), points (43) and TOI per game (25:49).
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 44
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9