Apr 2, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Some good news for the Rangers regarding Ryan McDonagh — after exiting last night’s win in Vancouver with his left arm in a sling, McDonagh traveled with the team to Colorado for Thursday night’s game, rather than head back to New York for further evaluation.
Here’s more, from the Bergen Record:
If, as expected, McDonagh is unable to play [Thursday vs. Avalanche] , John Moore will return to the lineup after suffering concussion symptoms in 3-1 win at Columbus on March 21. Moore resumed skating five days later and has been practicing with the team since.
Alain Vigneault said in Vancouver Moore needed one more practice and then it would be a coach’s decision when to reinsert him into the lineup. McDonagh’s injury makes the coach’s decision part of it moot.
McDonagh’s injury occurred late in Tuesday’s 3-1 victory, coming on a hit from Canucks forward Alex Burrows. The Rangers defenseman appeared to be in significant pain while lying on the ice, and Burrows was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for the hit.
New York can ill afford to lose McDonagh, so it’s telling that the team is comfortable with him traveling to Colorado rather than returning home (the Rangers won’t get back to New York until Friday.) The New York Post reports there is no structural damage to McDonagh’s shoulder.
McDonagh’s in the midst of an outstanding campaign, posting career highs in goals (14), assists (29), points (43) and TOI per game (25:49).
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)