Apr 2, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Some good news for the Rangers regarding Ryan McDonagh — after exiting last night’s win in Vancouver with his left arm in a sling, McDonagh traveled with the team to Colorado for Thursday night’s game, rather than head back to New York for further evaluation.
Here’s more, from the Bergen Record:
If, as expected, McDonagh is unable to play [Thursday vs. Avalanche] , John Moore will return to the lineup after suffering concussion symptoms in 3-1 win at Columbus on March 21. Moore resumed skating five days later and has been practicing with the team since.
Alain Vigneault said in Vancouver Moore needed one more practice and then it would be a coach’s decision when to reinsert him into the lineup. McDonagh’s injury makes the coach’s decision part of it moot.
McDonagh’s injury occurred late in Tuesday’s 3-1 victory, coming on a hit from Canucks forward Alex Burrows. The Rangers defenseman appeared to be in significant pain while lying on the ice, and Burrows was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for the hit.
New York can ill afford to lose McDonagh, so it’s telling that the team is comfortable with him traveling to Colorado rather than returning home (the Rangers won’t get back to New York until Friday.) The New York Post reports there is no structural damage to McDonagh’s shoulder.
McDonagh’s in the midst of an outstanding campaign, posting career highs in goals (14), assists (29), points (43) and TOI per game (25:49).
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)