Apr 2, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have updated the health of Mike Kostka following last night’s ugly hit from Douglas Murray — Kostka suffered a concussion on the play and has no timetable for a potential return.
Here’s the hit, again, if you missed it:
Murray was given a match penalty and tossed from the game, and will have a telephone hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety today for potential suspension and/or fine.
Bolts head coach Jon Cooper took a balanced approach in response to the hit.
“It’s a fast game, it’s an instinctive game, and those are the things we’re trying to take out of the game,” he said, per the Bolts’ website. “I’m sure Murray wasn’t looking to hit him in the head.
“I think maybe he thought Mike was going to get around him, I don’t know.”
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)