Apr 2, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have updated the health of Mike Kostka following last night’s ugly hit from Douglas Murray — Kostka suffered a concussion on the play and has no timetable for a potential return.
Here’s the hit, again, if you missed it:
Murray was given a match penalty and tossed from the game, and will have a telephone hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety today for potential suspension and/or fine.
Bolts head coach Jon Cooper took a balanced approach in response to the hit.
“It’s a fast game, it’s an instinctive game, and those are the things we’re trying to take out of the game,” he said, per the Bolts’ website. “I’m sure Murray wasn’t looking to hit him in the head.
“I think maybe he thought Mike was going to get around him, I don’t know.”
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 2
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)