Apr 2, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have updated the health of Mike Kostka following last night’s ugly hit from Douglas Murray — Kostka suffered a concussion on the play and has no timetable for a potential return.
Here’s the hit, again, if you missed it:
Murray was given a match penalty and tossed from the game, and will have a telephone hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety today for potential suspension and/or fine.
Bolts head coach Jon Cooper took a balanced approach in response to the hit.
“It’s a fast game, it’s an instinctive game, and those are the things we’re trying to take out of the game,” he said, per the Bolts’ website. “I’m sure Murray wasn’t looking to hit him in the head.
“I think maybe he thought Mike was going to get around him, I don’t know.”
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)