Apr 2, 2014, 11:56 AM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning have updated the health of Mike Kostka following last night’s ugly hit from Douglas Murray — Kostka suffered a concussion on the play and has no timetable for a potential return.
Here’s the hit, again, if you missed it:
Murray was given a match penalty and tossed from the game, and will have a telephone hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety today for potential suspension and/or fine.
Bolts head coach Jon Cooper took a balanced approach in response to the hit.
“It’s a fast game, it’s an instinctive game, and those are the things we’re trying to take out of the game,” he said, per the Bolts’ website. “I’m sure Murray wasn’t looking to hit him in the head.
“I think maybe he thought Mike was going to get around him, I don’t know.”
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)