Apr 2, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have updated the health of Mike Kostka following last night’s ugly hit from Douglas Murray — Kostka suffered a concussion on the play and has no timetable for a potential return.
Here’s the hit, again, if you missed it:
Murray was given a match penalty and tossed from the game, and will have a telephone hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety today for potential suspension and/or fine.
Bolts head coach Jon Cooper took a balanced approach in response to the hit.
“It’s a fast game, it’s an instinctive game, and those are the things we’re trying to take out of the game,” he said, per the Bolts’ website. “I’m sure Murray wasn’t looking to hit him in the head.
“I think maybe he thought Mike was going to get around him, I don’t know.”
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 4
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 9
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 36
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)