Apr 2, 2014, 2:55 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Greiss goes again
Thomas Greiss will make his fifth straight start for the Coyotes tonight when they take on the Kings in Los Angeles. Filling in for the injured Mike Smith, Greiss has been good lately — allowing just nine goals while posting a .920 save percentage in his last five games — and has a 1.21 GAA and .962 save percentage in his last two games against the Kings. The Coyotes will need Greiss to be good once again on Wednesday, as they head into tonight’s action with a chance to overtake Dallas for the final wild card spot in the Western Conference.
For Los Angeles, Jonathan Quick will be in goal.
Fasth takes on Ducks
Edmonton’s Viktor Fasth will face his ex-club for the first time on Wednesday, as he’ll get the start when the Oilers take on the Ducks in Anaheim.
Acquired at the trade deadline, Fasth has gone 2-1-1 with Edmonton (2.77 GAA, .899 save percentage) but has sat out the last four games with a neck strain.
Tonight, he’ll be taking on the guy that replaced him in the Anaheim lineup — Frederik Andersen, who will make his third straight start for the Ducks. Anaheim head coach Bruce Boudreau said he’s seen some fatigue in No. 1 netminder Jonas Hiller lately and wants to give him some rest, thus explaining Andersen’s string of consecutive appearances.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 6
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 46
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)