Apr 2, 2014, 2:55 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Greiss goes again
Thomas Greiss will make his fifth straight start for the Coyotes tonight when they take on the Kings in Los Angeles. Filling in for the injured Mike Smith, Greiss has been good lately — allowing just nine goals while posting a .920 save percentage in his last five games — and has a 1.21 GAA and .962 save percentage in his last two games against the Kings. The Coyotes will need Greiss to be good once again on Wednesday, as they head into tonight’s action with a chance to overtake Dallas for the final wild card spot in the Western Conference.
For Los Angeles, Jonathan Quick will be in goal.
Fasth takes on Ducks
Edmonton’s Viktor Fasth will face his ex-club for the first time on Wednesday, as he’ll get the start when the Oilers take on the Ducks in Anaheim.
Acquired at the trade deadline, Fasth has gone 2-1-1 with Edmonton (2.77 GAA, .899 save percentage) but has sat out the last four games with a neck strain.
Tonight, he’ll be taking on the guy that replaced him in the Anaheim lineup — Frederik Andersen, who will make his third straight start for the Ducks. Anaheim head coach Bruce Boudreau said he’s seen some fatigue in No. 1 netminder Jonas Hiller lately and wants to give him some rest, thus explaining Andersen’s string of consecutive appearances.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)