Apr 2, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Greiss goes again
Thomas Greiss will make his fifth straight start for the Coyotes tonight when they take on the Kings in Los Angeles. Filling in for the injured Mike Smith, Greiss has been good lately — allowing just nine goals while posting a .920 save percentage in his last five games — and has a 1.21 GAA and .962 save percentage in his last two games against the Kings. The Coyotes will need Greiss to be good once again on Wednesday, as they head into tonight’s action with a chance to overtake Dallas for the final wild card spot in the Western Conference.
For Los Angeles, Jonathan Quick will be in goal.
Fasth takes on Ducks
Edmonton’s Viktor Fasth will face his ex-club for the first time on Wednesday, as he’ll get the start when the Oilers take on the Ducks in Anaheim.
Acquired at the trade deadline, Fasth has gone 2-1-1 with Edmonton (2.77 GAA, .899 save percentage) but has sat out the last four games with a neck strain.
Tonight, he’ll be taking on the guy that replaced him in the Anaheim lineup — Frederik Andersen, who will make his third straight start for the Ducks. Anaheim head coach Bruce Boudreau said he’s seen some fatigue in No. 1 netminder Jonas Hiller lately and wants to give him some rest, thus explaining Andersen’s string of consecutive appearances.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 9
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 9
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)