Apr 2, 2014, 12:10 PM EST
St. Lawrence’s Greg Carey, St. Cloud State’s Nic Dowd and Boston College’s Johnny Gaudreau have been named the three “Hat Trick” finalists for the 2014 Hobey Baker Award, it was announced on Wednesday.
Carey — who led the Saints in scoring for the last four years and was named co-Player of the Year in the ECAC — and Dowd, who was named first-team NCHC and Defensive Forward of the Year, have both enjoyed tremendous campaigns but will be hard-pressed to beat Gaudreau, a Hobey Hat Trick finalist for the second straight season.
To say Gaudreau dominated the collegiate hockey landscape this year would be an understatement. The Calgary draftee notched an eye-popping 35 goals, 42 assists and 77 points in 39 games this year, finishing first in the country in all three statistical categories. He recorded at least one point in all but two games this year and tied Paul Kariya’s Hockey East record with a 31-game point streak.
Should Gaudreau win the Hobey, he’ll be the third Boston College player to do it and the first since Mike Mottau took home the award in 2000.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 0
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 23
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)