Apr 1, 2014, 12:47 AM EST
The Minnesota Wild won’t be too fond of L.A. Kings’ defenseman Jake Muzzin after tonight’s game.
Muzzin delivered a massive hit, and one that appeared to be high, on Wild forward Jason Pominville with just under eight minutes remaining in the second period. There was no penalty for the hit on the play. Wild forward Matt Moulson was assessed a pair of roughing minors for grabbing Muzzin and tossing him to the ice.
In the first period, Muzzin caught Wild forward Nino Niederreiter with an open-ice hit that, again, appeared to be high.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 13
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 30
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)