Apr 1, 2014, 12:47 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild won’t be too fond of L.A. Kings’ defenseman Jake Muzzin after tonight’s game.
Muzzin delivered a massive hit, and one that appeared to be high, on Wild forward Jason Pominville with just under eight minutes remaining in the second period. There was no penalty for the hit on the play. Wild forward Matt Moulson was assessed a pair of roughing minors for grabbing Muzzin and tossing him to the ice.
In the first period, Muzzin caught Wild forward Nino Niederreiter with an open-ice hit that, again, appeared to be high.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)