Apr 1, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals may only be one point back of Columbus for the final wild-card spot in the East, but with the Blue Jackets holding a game in hand as well as the tie-breaker (regulation/overtime wins), the margin for error is a thin one.
The Caps have seven games left, starting tonight versus Dallas, another team in a desperate race to make the playoffs.
It’s estimated Washington will need to go in the neighborhood of 5-2-0 to avoid missing the postseason for the first time since 2007.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 35
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (35)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)