Apr 1, 2014, 1:24 PM EST
The Washington Capitals may only be one point back of Columbus for the final wild-card spot in the East, but with the Blue Jackets holding a game in hand as well as the tie-breaker (regulation/overtime wins), the margin for error is a thin one.
The Caps have seven games left, starting tonight versus Dallas, another team in a desperate race to make the playoffs.
It’s estimated Washington will need to go in the neighborhood of 5-2-0 to avoid missing the postseason for the first time since 2007.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2