Apr 1, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals may only be one point back of Columbus for the final wild-card spot in the East, but with the Blue Jackets holding a game in hand as well as the tie-breaker (regulation/overtime wins), the margin for error is a thin one.
The Caps have seven games left, starting tonight versus Dallas, another team in a desperate race to make the playoffs.
It’s estimated Washington will need to go in the neighborhood of 5-2-0 to avoid missing the postseason for the first time since 2007.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 11
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 4
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 11
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 74
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)