Apr 1, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Sergei Bobrovsky, who’s missed the last eight periods due to illness, will be back in goal tonight for Columbus’ huge tilt against Colorado.
Boborovsky fell ill during the opening frame of a 4-2 win over Detroit last week and was pulled — forcing Curtis McElhinney into emergency duty — but has recovered sufficiently, at least enough to return tonight in the hopes of building off his solid March numbers: 7-4-1 record, 2.15 GAA and .928 save percentage.
For the Avs, Semyon Varlamov will get the start in goal, just a few nights after making 47 saves on 49 shots in a big win over San Jose on the weekend.
Philly goes with Emery
Ray Emery will start for the third time in eight games tonight when the Flyers take on the Blues in St. Louis.
Emery’s last appearance was a beauty — stopping 41 shots in a tough 3-2 loss to the Kings — but that was in the friendly confines of Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Arena. On the road, Emery’s been subpar this season, boasting a 4-8-1 record, 3.16 GAA and .895 save percentage.
For the Blues, Ryan Miller will be in goal.
Devils at Sabres: Cory Schneider vs. Nathan Lieuwen
Panthers at Isles: Evgeni Nabokov for New York; Scott Clemmensen likely for Florida.
Jets at Coyotes: Thomas Greiss for Phoenix; no word yet on Winnipeg.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 3
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 13
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)