Apr 1, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Sergei Bobrovsky, who’s missed the last eight periods due to illness, will be back in goal tonight for Columbus’ huge tilt against Colorado.
Boborovsky fell ill during the opening frame of a 4-2 win over Detroit last week and was pulled — forcing Curtis McElhinney into emergency duty — but has recovered sufficiently, at least enough to return tonight in the hopes of building off his solid March numbers: 7-4-1 record, 2.15 GAA and .928 save percentage.
For the Avs, Semyon Varlamov will get the start in goal, just a few nights after making 47 saves on 49 shots in a big win over San Jose on the weekend.
Philly goes with Emery
Ray Emery will start for the third time in eight games tonight when the Flyers take on the Blues in St. Louis.
Emery’s last appearance was a beauty — stopping 41 shots in a tough 3-2 loss to the Kings — but that was in the friendly confines of Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Arena. On the road, Emery’s been subpar this season, boasting a 4-8-1 record, 3.16 GAA and .895 save percentage.
For the Blues, Ryan Miller will be in goal.
Devils at Sabres: Cory Schneider vs. Nathan Lieuwen
Panthers at Isles: Evgeni Nabokov for New York; Scott Clemmensen likely for Florida.
Jets at Coyotes: Thomas Greiss for Phoenix; no word yet on Winnipeg.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)