Apr 1, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Sergei Bobrovsky, who’s missed the last eight periods due to illness, will be back in goal tonight for Columbus’ huge tilt against Colorado.
Boborovsky fell ill during the opening frame of a 4-2 win over Detroit last week and was pulled — forcing Curtis McElhinney into emergency duty — but has recovered sufficiently, at least enough to return tonight in the hopes of building off his solid March numbers: 7-4-1 record, 2.15 GAA and .928 save percentage.
For the Avs, Semyon Varlamov will get the start in goal, just a few nights after making 47 saves on 49 shots in a big win over San Jose on the weekend.
Philly goes with Emery
Ray Emery will start for the third time in eight games tonight when the Flyers take on the Blues in St. Louis.
Emery’s last appearance was a beauty — stopping 41 shots in a tough 3-2 loss to the Kings — but that was in the friendly confines of Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Arena. On the road, Emery’s been subpar this season, boasting a 4-8-1 record, 3.16 GAA and .895 save percentage.
For the Blues, Ryan Miller will be in goal.
Devils at Sabres: Cory Schneider vs. Nathan Lieuwen
Panthers at Isles: Evgeni Nabokov for New York; Scott Clemmensen likely for Florida.
Jets at Coyotes: Thomas Greiss for Phoenix; no word yet on Winnipeg.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 16
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)