Apr 1, 2014, 3:10 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Sergei Bobrovsky, who’s missed the last eight periods due to illness, will be back in goal tonight for Columbus’ huge tilt against Colorado.
Boborovsky fell ill during the opening frame of a 4-2 win over Detroit last week and was pulled — forcing Curtis McElhinney into emergency duty — but has recovered sufficiently, at least enough to return tonight in the hopes of building off his solid March numbers: 7-4-1 record, 2.15 GAA and .928 save percentage.
For the Avs, Semyon Varlamov will get the start in goal, just a few nights after making 47 saves on 49 shots in a big win over San Jose on the weekend.
Philly goes with Emery
Ray Emery will start for the third time in eight games tonight when the Flyers take on the Blues in St. Louis.
Emery’s last appearance was a beauty — stopping 41 shots in a tough 3-2 loss to the Kings — but that was in the friendly confines of Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Arena. On the road, Emery’s been subpar this season, boasting a 4-8-1 record, 3.16 GAA and .895 save percentage.
For the Blues, Ryan Miller will be in goal.
Devils at Sabres: Cory Schneider vs. Nathan Lieuwen
Panthers at Isles: Evgeni Nabokov for New York; Scott Clemmensen likely for Florida.
Jets at Coyotes: Thomas Greiss for Phoenix; no word yet on Winnipeg.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)