Apr 1, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Sergei Bobrovsky, who’s missed the last eight periods due to illness, will be back in goal tonight for Columbus’ huge tilt against Colorado.
Boborovsky fell ill during the opening frame of a 4-2 win over Detroit last week and was pulled — forcing Curtis McElhinney into emergency duty — but has recovered sufficiently, at least enough to return tonight in the hopes of building off his solid March numbers: 7-4-1 record, 2.15 GAA and .928 save percentage.
For the Avs, Semyon Varlamov will get the start in goal, just a few nights after making 47 saves on 49 shots in a big win over San Jose on the weekend.
Philly goes with Emery
Ray Emery will start for the third time in eight games tonight when the Flyers take on the Blues in St. Louis.
Emery’s last appearance was a beauty — stopping 41 shots in a tough 3-2 loss to the Kings — but that was in the friendly confines of Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Arena. On the road, Emery’s been subpar this season, boasting a 4-8-1 record, 3.16 GAA and .895 save percentage.
For the Blues, Ryan Miller will be in goal.
Devils at Sabres: Cory Schneider vs. Nathan Lieuwen
Panthers at Isles: Evgeni Nabokov for New York; Scott Clemmensen likely for Florida.
Jets at Coyotes: Thomas Greiss for Phoenix; no word yet on Winnipeg.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 14
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 88
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)