Apr 1, 2014, 1:08 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets were running away – or, I guess you could say flying away? – with this one against the Anaheim Ducks on Monday.
The Jets got off to a four-goal lead, scoring twice in the first period and two more times in the second to take complete control. Heck, they outshot the Ducks 19-4 after the first period and a combined 31-11 after two periods.
Game over. Done. Move on.
Then the Ducks decided to show up. And from there, the Jets just seemed to whither. The Ducks, thanks to Corey Perry‘s tying goal with 23 seconds remaining in regulation and Stephane Robidas‘ goal 16 seconds into overtime, successfully pulled off the comeback by a final score of 5-4. According to the Ducks, Monday’s comeback win was the greatest in franchise history.
“If we play the way we did in the second half of that game, no one can beat us,” said Perry, as per the Ducks’ official Twitter account.
The Ducks also jump three points ahead of the San Jose Sharks for the top spot in the Pacific Division. The Ducks also have one game in hand.
Based on numerous reports from both Ducks and Jets beat reporters, the fans in Anaheim weren’t pleased with the first period, letting their voices heard through a chorus of boos.
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 0
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 5
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 6
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 32
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)