Apr 1, 2014, 1:08 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets were running away – or, I guess you could say flying away? – with this one against the Anaheim Ducks on Monday.
The Jets got off to a four-goal lead, scoring twice in the first period and two more times in the second to take complete control. Heck, they outshot the Ducks 19-4 after the first period and a combined 31-11 after two periods.
Game over. Done. Move on.
Then the Ducks decided to show up. And from there, the Jets just seemed to whither. The Ducks, thanks to Corey Perry‘s tying goal with 23 seconds remaining in regulation and Stephane Robidas‘ goal 16 seconds into overtime, successfully pulled off the comeback by a final score of 5-4. According to the Ducks, Monday’s comeback win was the greatest in franchise history.
“If we play the way we did in the second half of that game, no one can beat us,” said Perry, as per the Ducks’ official Twitter account.
The Ducks also jump three points ahead of the San Jose Sharks for the top spot in the Pacific Division. The Ducks also have one game in hand.
Based on numerous reports from both Ducks and Jets beat reporters, the fans in Anaheim weren’t pleased with the first period, letting their voices heard through a chorus of boos.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 0
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 23
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)