Apr 1, 2014, 1:08 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets were running away – or, I guess you could say flying away? – with this one against the Anaheim Ducks on Monday.
The Jets got off to a four-goal lead, scoring twice in the first period and two more times in the second to take complete control. Heck, they outshot the Ducks 19-4 after the first period and a combined 31-11 after two periods.
Game over. Done. Move on.
Then the Ducks decided to show up. And from there, the Jets just seemed to whither. The Ducks, thanks to Corey Perry‘s tying goal with 23 seconds remaining in regulation and Stephane Robidas‘ goal 16 seconds into overtime, successfully pulled off the comeback by a final score of 5-4. According to the Ducks, Monday’s comeback win was the greatest in franchise history.
“If we play the way we did in the second half of that game, no one can beat us,” said Perry, as per the Ducks’ official Twitter account.
The Ducks also jump three points ahead of the San Jose Sharks for the top spot in the Pacific Division. The Ducks also have one game in hand.
Based on numerous reports from both Ducks and Jets beat reporters, the fans in Anaheim weren’t pleased with the first period, letting their voices heard through a chorus of boos.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)