Apr 1, 2014, 1:08 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets were running away – or, I guess you could say flying away? – with this one against the Anaheim Ducks on Monday.
The Jets got off to a four-goal lead, scoring twice in the first period and two more times in the second to take complete control. Heck, they outshot the Ducks 19-4 after the first period and a combined 31-11 after two periods.
Game over. Done. Move on.
Then the Ducks decided to show up. And from there, the Jets just seemed to whither. The Ducks, thanks to Corey Perry‘s tying goal with 23 seconds remaining in regulation and Stephane Robidas‘ goal 16 seconds into overtime, successfully pulled off the comeback by a final score of 5-4. According to the Ducks, Monday’s comeback win was the greatest in franchise history.
“If we play the way we did in the second half of that game, no one can beat us,” said Perry, as per the Ducks’ official Twitter account.
The Ducks also jump three points ahead of the San Jose Sharks for the top spot in the Pacific Division. The Ducks also have one game in hand.
Based on numerous reports from both Ducks and Jets beat reporters, the fans in Anaheim weren’t pleased with the first period, letting their voices heard through a chorus of boos.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)