Apr 1, 2014, 1:08 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets were running away – or, I guess you could say flying away? – with this one against the Anaheim Ducks on Monday.
The Jets got off to a four-goal lead, scoring twice in the first period and two more times in the second to take complete control. Heck, they outshot the Ducks 19-4 after the first period and a combined 31-11 after two periods.
Game over. Done. Move on.
Then the Ducks decided to show up. And from there, the Jets just seemed to whither. The Ducks, thanks to Corey Perry‘s tying goal with 23 seconds remaining in regulation and Stephane Robidas‘ goal 16 seconds into overtime, successfully pulled off the comeback by a final score of 5-4. According to the Ducks, Monday’s comeback win was the greatest in franchise history.
“If we play the way we did in the second half of that game, no one can beat us,” said Perry, as per the Ducks’ official Twitter account.
The Ducks also jump three points ahead of the San Jose Sharks for the top spot in the Pacific Division. The Ducks also have one game in hand.
Based on numerous reports from both Ducks and Jets beat reporters, the fans in Anaheim weren’t pleased with the first period, letting their voices heard through a chorus of boos.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)