Apr 1, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens defenseman Douglas Murray hasn’t ever been suspended by the NHL despite a lengthy career of heavy hits, but Tuesday’s match penalty infraction on Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Michael Kostka might change that.
There hasn’t been an update yet on the condition of Kostka, 28, but it sounds like the situation could have been worse.
Again, Murray, 34, hasn’t ever been suspended at the NHL level.
The Lightning went on to win Tuesday’s game 3-1, with both teams clinching playoff spots in the process. Here’s how the Lightning’s clinching win/Montreal’s loss affects the 2014 NHL Draft:
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)