Apr 1, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens defenseman Douglas Murray hasn’t ever been suspended by the NHL despite a lengthy career of heavy hits, but Tuesday’s match penalty infraction on Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Michael Kostka might change that.
There hasn’t been an update yet on the condition of Kostka, 28, but it sounds like the situation could have been worse.
Again, Murray, 34, hasn’t ever been suspended at the NHL level.
The Lightning went on to win Tuesday’s game 3-1, with both teams clinching playoff spots in the process. Here’s how the Lightning’s clinching win/Montreal’s loss affects the 2014 NHL Draft:
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)