Apr 1, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
Montreal Canadiens defenseman Douglas Murray hasn’t ever been suspended by the NHL despite a lengthy career of heavy hits, but Tuesday’s match penalty infraction on Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Michael Kostka might change that.
There hasn’t been an update yet on the condition of Kostka, 28, but it sounds like the situation could have been worse.
Again, Murray, 34, hasn’t ever been suspended at the NHL level.
The Lightning went on to win Tuesday’s game 3-1, with both teams clinching playoff spots in the process. Here’s how the Lightning’s clinching win/Montreal’s loss affects the 2014 NHL Draft:
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (64)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)