Apr 1, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
Montreal Canadiens defenseman Douglas Murray hasn’t ever been suspended by the NHL despite a lengthy career of heavy hits, but Tuesday’s match penalty infraction on Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Michael Kostka might change that.
There hasn’t been an update yet on the condition of Kostka, 28, but it sounds like the situation could have been worse.
Again, Murray, 34, hasn’t ever been suspended at the NHL level.
The Lightning went on to win Tuesday’s game 3-1, with both teams clinching playoff spots in the process. Here’s how the Lightning’s clinching win/Montreal’s loss affects the 2014 NHL Draft:
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)