Apr 1, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
It’s possible, though maybe not likely, that Pavel Datsyuk will be back in the Red Wings’ lineup tomorrow when they host the Boston Bruins (on NBCSN).
From MLive.com’s Ansar Khan:
Datsyuk (knee) hasn’t played since Feb. 27; he lasted just two NHL games after representing Russia at the Olympics before he was “shut down” for a few weeks.
Wings coach Mike Babcock thinks a more realistic return date for Datsyuk is Friday versus Buffalo.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)