Apr 1, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
With a gap between games from Sunday to Thursday, the Chicago Blackhawks are taking advantage of a rare late-season rest by taking the last two days off from practice, as CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers notes.
The Blackhawks expect to provide an update on Jonathan Toews on Wednesday, as his injury might not be very serious, but they might give him a breather anyway. Banged-up winger Bryan Bickell believes that he can play in that next game against the Minnesota Wild on Thursday.
Myers believes that this time off could indeed be helpful for the defending champions, who seem to be limping a bit toward the final stretch:
The break comes at a good time, really. The Blackhawks, mired in a three-game losing streak, have looked tired as of late. We’re guessing that, because they’d never say that. But let’s face it: the Blackhawks have played a lot of hockey over the past two seasons, with little respite. That goes double for the Blackhawks’ 10 Olympians.
In other Blackhawks news, the team announced that they’ve reached a five-year ECHL affiliate agreement with the Indy Fuel, a team that will debut in the 2014-15 season.
Apr 21, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
There’s currently no deal in place for the games in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
Apr 21, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
He’s expected to have surgery today.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Ovechkin looks to bump the slump as the Caps try to avoid falling behind 3-1 in their series with the Islanders.
Apr 21, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
The GM hasn’t taken kindly to recent criticism of his hockey club.
Apr 21, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Apr 21, 2015, 1:52 AM EDT
The Jets, and Winnipeg, feel the crush of defeat.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:55 AM EDT
Down 2-1 in the series.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:33 AM EDT
Another comeback victory for Anaheim.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Apr 20, 2015, 10:54 PM EDT
Devan Dubnyk produces his first playoff shutout.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:37 PM EDT
It drew a two-minute roughing penalty.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:29 PM EDT
No call on the first collision.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:48 PM EDT
Will shifting locales produce interesting results?
Apr 20, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
A close-to-perfect road effort from New York.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:41 PM EDT
Apr 20, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
New Jersey’s only player who went under the knife this offseason.
Apr 20, 2015, 8:51 PM EDT
He needs some help, though.
Apr 20, 2015, 7:36 PM EDT
Sleepy start by Pittsburgh.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
His issue is an upper-body injury.
Apr 20, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
But will he be around to see it happen?
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 5
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 24
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 26
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 42
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 96
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (97)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)