Mar 31, 2014, 11:48 PM EST
L.A. Kings defenseman Jake Muzzin caught Minnesota Wild Nino Niederreiter looking for the puck in his feet and delivered a massive open ice hit in the neutral zone during the first period of Monday’s game.
There was no penalty on the play, although Niederreiter left the game after only three shifts, as per the Time on Ice report. Niederreiter’s head snapped back upon impact, and he bounced off Kings’ forward Jeff Carter, who was just behind the Wild forward on the backcheck.
Muzzin later caught Wild forward Jason Pominville with another high hit on the second period.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 8
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 11
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33