Mar 31, 2014, 11:48 PM EDT
L.A. Kings defenseman Jake Muzzin caught Minnesota Wild Nino Niederreiter looking for the puck in his feet and delivered a massive open ice hit in the neutral zone during the first period of Monday’s game.
There was no penalty on the play, although Niederreiter left the game after only three shifts, as per the Time on Ice report. Niederreiter’s head snapped back upon impact, and he bounced off Kings’ forward Jeff Carter, who was just behind the Wild forward on the backcheck.
Muzzin later caught Wild forward Jason Pominville with another high hit on the second period.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54