Mar 31, 2014, 11:48 PM EDT
L.A. Kings defenseman Jake Muzzin caught Minnesota Wild Nino Niederreiter looking for the puck in his feet and delivered a massive open ice hit in the neutral zone during the first period of Monday’s game.
There was no penalty on the play, although Niederreiter left the game after only three shifts, as per the Time on Ice report. Niederreiter’s head snapped back upon impact, and he bounced off Kings’ forward Jeff Carter, who was just behind the Wild forward on the backcheck.
Muzzin later caught Wild forward Jason Pominville with another high hit on the second period.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5