Mar 31, 2014, 11:48 PM EST
L.A. Kings defenseman Jake Muzzin caught Minnesota Wild Nino Niederreiter looking for the puck in his feet and delivered a massive open ice hit in the neutral zone during the first period of Monday’s game.
There was no penalty on the play, although Niederreiter left the game after only three shifts, as per the Time on Ice report. Niederreiter’s head snapped back upon impact, and he bounced off Kings’ forward Jeff Carter, who was just behind the Wild forward on the backcheck.
Muzzin later caught Wild forward Jason Pominville with another high hit on the second period.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)