Mar 31, 2014, 11:48 PM EDT
L.A. Kings defenseman Jake Muzzin caught Minnesota Wild Nino Niederreiter looking for the puck in his feet and delivered a massive open ice hit in the neutral zone during the first period of Monday’s game.
There was no penalty on the play, although Niederreiter left the game after only three shifts, as per the Time on Ice report. Niederreiter’s head snapped back upon impact, and he bounced off Kings’ forward Jeff Carter, who was just behind the Wild forward on the backcheck.
Muzzin later caught Wild forward Jason Pominville with another high hit on the second period.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25