Mar 31, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
The Rangers have agreed to terms with University of Vermont forward Chris McCarthy, the club announced on Monday.
McCarthy, 22, enjoyed an impressive senior year with the Catamounts, notching 18 goals and 42 points in 38 games, finishing 25th in the country in scoring. The former U.S. Development Program product established career highs in games played, goals, assists, points, and plus/minus rating this year, leading Vermont in assists and points.
He’s the second noteworthy college free agent New York has signed this spring. Earlier, they agreed to terms with R.P.I sniper Ryan Haggerty.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 10
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 18
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 21
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 16
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35