Mar 31, 2014, 7:26 PM EST
The Rangers have agreed to terms with University of Vermont forward Chris McCarthy, the club announced on Monday.
McCarthy, 22, enjoyed an impressive senior year with the Catamounts, notching 18 goals and 42 points in 38 games, finishing 25th in the country in scoring. The former U.S. Development Program product established career highs in games played, goals, assists, points, and plus/minus rating this year, leading Vermont in assists and points.
He’s the second noteworthy college free agent New York has signed this spring. Earlier, they agreed to terms with R.P.I sniper Ryan Haggerty.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)