Mar 31, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
The Rangers have agreed to terms with University of Vermont forward Chris McCarthy, the club announced on Monday.
McCarthy, 22, enjoyed an impressive senior year with the Catamounts, notching 18 goals and 42 points in 38 games, finishing 25th in the country in scoring. The former U.S. Development Program product established career highs in games played, goals, assists, points, and plus/minus rating this year, leading Vermont in assists and points.
He’s the second noteworthy college free agent New York has signed this spring. Earlier, they agreed to terms with R.P.I sniper Ryan Haggerty.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 3
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15