Mar 31, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
The Rangers have agreed to terms with University of Vermont forward Chris McCarthy, the club announced on Monday.
McCarthy, 22, enjoyed an impressive senior year with the Catamounts, notching 18 goals and 42 points in 38 games, finishing 25th in the country in scoring. The former U.S. Development Program product established career highs in games played, goals, assists, points, and plus/minus rating this year, leading Vermont in assists and points.
He’s the second noteworthy college free agent New York has signed this spring. Earlier, they agreed to terms with R.P.I sniper Ryan Haggerty.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)