Mar 31, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
Looks as though Philly will be without its most veteran defenseman tomorrow against the Blues.
Kimmo Timonen didn’t travel with the Flyers to St. Louis, per CSN Philadelphia, and is expected to be replaced in the lineup by Erik Gustafsson. It’ll be just the fourth missed game of the year for the veteran Finn — at 39, Timonen has been remarkably durable, especially given he logged extra minutes playing for Finland at the Winter Olympics.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Flyers respond without Timonen in the lineup. He’s been very good of late, scoring five points in his last eight games while playing nearly 20 minutes in Sunday’s 4-3 OT loss to Boston, during which he was struck in the face with a puck.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, who is reportedly being “tight-lipped” about this injury, told CSNPhilly.com that Timonen did not suffer a facial fracture.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 8
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 39
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)