Mar 31, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
Looks as though Philly will be without its most veteran defenseman tomorrow against the Blues.
Kimmo Timonen didn’t travel with the Flyers to St. Louis, per CSN Philadelphia, and is expected to be replaced in the lineup by Erik Gustafsson. It’ll be just the fourth missed game of the year for the veteran Finn — at 39, Timonen has been remarkably durable, especially given he logged extra minutes playing for Finland at the Winter Olympics.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Flyers respond without Timonen in the lineup. He’s been very good of late, scoring five points in his last eight games while playing nearly 20 minutes in Sunday’s 4-3 OT loss to Boston, during which he was struck in the face with a puck.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, who is reportedly being “tight-lipped” about this injury, told CSNPhilly.com that Timonen did not suffer a facial fracture.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39