Mar 31, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
Looks as though Philly will be without its most veteran defenseman tomorrow against the Blues.
Kimmo Timonen didn’t travel with the Flyers to St. Louis, per CSN Philadelphia, and is expected to be replaced in the lineup by Erik Gustafsson. It’ll be just the fourth missed game of the year for the veteran Finn — at 39, Timonen has been remarkably durable, especially given he logged extra minutes playing for Finland at the Winter Olympics.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Flyers respond without Timonen in the lineup. He’s been very good of late, scoring five points in his last eight games while playing nearly 20 minutes in Sunday’s 4-3 OT loss to Boston, during which he was struck in the face with a puck.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, who is reportedly being “tight-lipped” about this injury, told CSNPhilly.com that Timonen did not suffer a facial fracture.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)