Mar 31, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
Looks as though Philly will be without its most veteran defenseman tomorrow against the Blues.
Kimmo Timonen didn’t travel with the Flyers to St. Louis, per CSN Philadelphia, and is expected to be replaced in the lineup by Erik Gustafsson. It’ll be just the fourth missed game of the year for the veteran Finn — at 39, Timonen has been remarkably durable, especially given he logged extra minutes playing for Finland at the Winter Olympics.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Flyers respond without Timonen in the lineup. He’s been very good of late, scoring five points in his last eight games while playing nearly 20 minutes in Sunday’s 4-3 OT loss to Boston, during which he was struck in the face with a puck.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, who is reportedly being “tight-lipped” about this injury, told CSNPhilly.com that Timonen did not suffer a facial fracture.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 12
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4