Mar 30, 2014, 7:17 PM EST
Hockey fans only get so many chances to see the Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins square off (especially inside a standard hockey arena), but Sunday provides one of those opportunities. You can check out the action on NBCSN and also via the live stream link below.
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ outlook seems pretty clear at this point: they’re almost certainly going to be the Metropolitan Division champion (with a 13-point standings lead against the Flyers and the Rangers) and the second seed in the East (currently trailing the Boston Bruins by 11 standings points). The Chicago Blackhawks’ situation isn’t as clear yet, at least as far as if they’ll gain home-ice advantage in the first round. At the moment, the Colorado Avalanche have a one-point lead and one game in hand on Chicago for the second spot in the Central Division and home-ice advantage in what will almost certainly be a first-round series between the two teams.
So, in other words, they’re might be more at stake for Chicago, but both have already clinched playoff spots, so it’s about tuning up (and maybe proving a point or two).
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15