Mar 30, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
Hockey fans only get so many chances to see the Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins square off (especially inside a standard hockey arena), but Sunday provides one of those opportunities. You can check out the action on NBCSN and also via the live stream link below.
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ outlook seems pretty clear at this point: they’re almost certainly going to be the Metropolitan Division champion (with a 13-point standings lead against the Flyers and the Rangers) and the second seed in the East (currently trailing the Boston Bruins by 11 standings points). The Chicago Blackhawks’ situation isn’t as clear yet, at least as far as if they’ll gain home-ice advantage in the first round. At the moment, the Colorado Avalanche have a one-point lead and one game in hand on Chicago for the second spot in the Central Division and home-ice advantage in what will almost certainly be a first-round series between the two teams.
So, in other words, they’re might be more at stake for Chicago, but both have already clinched playoff spots, so it’s about tuning up (and maybe proving a point or two).
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31