Mar 30, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
Hockey fans only get so many chances to see the Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins square off (especially inside a standard hockey arena), but Sunday provides one of those opportunities. You can check out the action on NBCSN and also via the live stream link below.
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ outlook seems pretty clear at this point: they’re almost certainly going to be the Metropolitan Division champion (with a 13-point standings lead against the Flyers and the Rangers) and the second seed in the East (currently trailing the Boston Bruins by 11 standings points). The Chicago Blackhawks’ situation isn’t as clear yet, at least as far as if they’ll gain home-ice advantage in the first round. At the moment, the Colorado Avalanche have a one-point lead and one game in hand on Chicago for the second spot in the Central Division and home-ice advantage in what will almost certainly be a first-round series between the two teams.
So, in other words, they’re might be more at stake for Chicago, but both have already clinched playoff spots, so it’s about tuning up (and maybe proving a point or two).
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5