Mar 30, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
Hockey fans only get so many chances to see the Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins square off (especially inside a standard hockey arena), but Sunday provides one of those opportunities. You can check out the action on NBCSN and also via the live stream link below.
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ outlook seems pretty clear at this point: they’re almost certainly going to be the Metropolitan Division champion (with a 13-point standings lead against the Flyers and the Rangers) and the second seed in the East (currently trailing the Boston Bruins by 11 standings points). The Chicago Blackhawks’ situation isn’t as clear yet, at least as far as if they’ll gain home-ice advantage in the first round. At the moment, the Colorado Avalanche have a one-point lead and one game in hand on Chicago for the second spot in the Central Division and home-ice advantage in what will almost certainly be a first-round series between the two teams.
So, in other words, they’re might be more at stake for Chicago, but both have already clinched playoff spots, so it’s about tuning up (and maybe proving a point or two).
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 20
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)