Mar 30, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins and Philadelphia Flyers may be the hottest teams in the NHL right now. They’re also teams that don’t exactly play nicely with each other.
The Bruins have won 14 of the past 15 games and have already won the Atlantic Division title securing a spot as one of the top two teams in the Eastern Conference. They may be the most complete team in the East as well with top-flight players like Tuukka Rask in goal, Zdeno Chara on defense, and Jarome Iginla and Patrice Bergeron up front.
Bergeron especially is dangerous because he’s scoring goals (26 this season) and more than capable of shutting down the opponents top scorers.
Doing that against the Flyers means shutting down Claude Giroux. The Flyers captain has 21 points in 13 games during March and has thrust himself into the discussion for league MVP. Philly has won nine of the past 13 games and has seen the offense carrying the load for them thanks to Giroux and Wayne Simmonds.
Could this be a playoff preview? If it is, that means they’d likely have to face off in the Eastern Conference Final to make it happen.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 17
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 108
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 78
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (108)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (78)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)