Mar 30, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins and Philadelphia Flyers may be the hottest teams in the NHL right now. They’re also teams that don’t exactly play nicely with each other.
The Bruins have won 14 of the past 15 games and have already won the Atlantic Division title securing a spot as one of the top two teams in the Eastern Conference. They may be the most complete team in the East as well with top-flight players like Tuukka Rask in goal, Zdeno Chara on defense, and Jarome Iginla and Patrice Bergeron up front.
Bergeron especially is dangerous because he’s scoring goals (26 this season) and more than capable of shutting down the opponents top scorers.
Doing that against the Flyers means shutting down Claude Giroux. The Flyers captain has 21 points in 13 games during March and has thrust himself into the discussion for league MVP. Philly has won nine of the past 13 games and has seen the offense carrying the load for them thanks to Giroux and Wayne Simmonds.
Could this be a playoff preview? If it is, that means they’d likely have to face off in the Eastern Conference Final to make it happen.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 7
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 56
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (57)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)