Mar 30, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins and Philadelphia Flyers may be the hottest teams in the NHL right now. They’re also teams that don’t exactly play nicely with each other.
The Bruins have won 14 of the past 15 games and have already won the Atlantic Division title securing a spot as one of the top two teams in the Eastern Conference. They may be the most complete team in the East as well with top-flight players like Tuukka Rask in goal, Zdeno Chara on defense, and Jarome Iginla and Patrice Bergeron up front.
Bergeron especially is dangerous because he’s scoring goals (26 this season) and more than capable of shutting down the opponents top scorers.
Doing that against the Flyers means shutting down Claude Giroux. The Flyers captain has 21 points in 13 games during March and has thrust himself into the discussion for league MVP. Philly has won nine of the past 13 games and has seen the offense carrying the load for them thanks to Giroux and Wayne Simmonds.
Could this be a playoff preview? If it is, that means they’d likely have to face off in the Eastern Conference Final to make it happen.
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 0
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 15
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 21
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 29
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 14
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (55)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)