Mar 30, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Martin St. Louis has had a rough time since arriving in Manhattan at the trade deadline. He has yet to score a goal with the New York Rangers and, even despite being put on a line with former Tampa Bay Lightning teammate Brad Richards, his struggles are mounting.
Larry Brooks of the New York Post heard from St. Louis about how much of a struggle it’s been since changing addresses.
“I haven’t gone through this in a long time, so it’s a little bit of uncharted territory, meaning that I haven’t experienced that type of adversity in a long time,” St. Louis said.
“I’m getting tested mentally, no doubt. I have to keep fighting. I’m going to come through this as a better player.”
St. Louis, 38, has just three assists with the Rangers and in 13 games he has 24 shots on goal and the talk of his struggles in New York isn’t a new topic. The Rangers are in a strong position to make the playoffs, but they’ll need St. Louis to find his scoring touch if they’re going to go deep.
After how St. Louis’ exit from Tampa went, he may find it difficult to find sympathy for his struggles from fans in Florida and elsewhere as well.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)