Mar 30, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
Martin St. Louis has had a rough time since arriving in Manhattan at the trade deadline. He has yet to score a goal with the New York Rangers and, even despite being put on a line with former Tampa Bay Lightning teammate Brad Richards, his struggles are mounting.
Larry Brooks of the New York Post heard from St. Louis about how much of a struggle it’s been since changing addresses.
“I haven’t gone through this in a long time, so it’s a little bit of uncharted territory, meaning that I haven’t experienced that type of adversity in a long time,” St. Louis said.
“I’m getting tested mentally, no doubt. I have to keep fighting. I’m going to come through this as a better player.”
St. Louis, 38, has just three assists with the Rangers and in 13 games he has 24 shots on goal and the talk of his struggles in New York isn’t a new topic. The Rangers are in a strong position to make the playoffs, but they’ll need St. Louis to find his scoring touch if they’re going to go deep.
After how St. Louis’ exit from Tampa went, he may find it difficult to find sympathy for his struggles from fans in Florida and elsewhere as well.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)