Mar 30, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Martin St. Louis has had a rough time since arriving in Manhattan at the trade deadline. He has yet to score a goal with the New York Rangers and, even despite being put on a line with former Tampa Bay Lightning teammate Brad Richards, his struggles are mounting.
Larry Brooks of the New York Post heard from St. Louis about how much of a struggle it’s been since changing addresses.
“I haven’t gone through this in a long time, so it’s a little bit of uncharted territory, meaning that I haven’t experienced that type of adversity in a long time,” St. Louis said.
“I’m getting tested mentally, no doubt. I have to keep fighting. I’m going to come through this as a better player.”
St. Louis, 38, has just three assists with the Rangers and in 13 games he has 24 shots on goal and the talk of his struggles in New York isn’t a new topic. The Rangers are in a strong position to make the playoffs, but they’ll need St. Louis to find his scoring touch if they’re going to go deep.
After how St. Louis’ exit from Tampa went, he may find it difficult to find sympathy for his struggles from fans in Florida and elsewhere as well.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)