Mar 30, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Martin St. Louis has had a rough time since arriving in Manhattan at the trade deadline. He has yet to score a goal with the New York Rangers and, even despite being put on a line with former Tampa Bay Lightning teammate Brad Richards, his struggles are mounting.
Larry Brooks of the New York Post heard from St. Louis about how much of a struggle it’s been since changing addresses.
“I haven’t gone through this in a long time, so it’s a little bit of uncharted territory, meaning that I haven’t experienced that type of adversity in a long time,” St. Louis said.
“I’m getting tested mentally, no doubt. I have to keep fighting. I’m going to come through this as a better player.”
St. Louis, 38, has just three assists with the Rangers and in 13 games he has 24 shots on goal and the talk of his struggles in New York isn’t a new topic. The Rangers are in a strong position to make the playoffs, but they’ll need St. Louis to find his scoring touch if they’re going to go deep.
After how St. Louis’ exit from Tampa went, he may find it difficult to find sympathy for his struggles from fans in Florida and elsewhere as well.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)