Mar 30, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Martin St. Louis has had a rough time since arriving in Manhattan at the trade deadline. He has yet to score a goal with the New York Rangers and, even despite being put on a line with former Tampa Bay Lightning teammate Brad Richards, his struggles are mounting.
Larry Brooks of the New York Post heard from St. Louis about how much of a struggle it’s been since changing addresses.
“I haven’t gone through this in a long time, so it’s a little bit of uncharted territory, meaning that I haven’t experienced that type of adversity in a long time,” St. Louis said.
“I’m getting tested mentally, no doubt. I have to keep fighting. I’m going to come through this as a better player.”
St. Louis, 38, has just three assists with the Rangers and in 13 games he has 24 shots on goal and the talk of his struggles in New York isn’t a new topic. The Rangers are in a strong position to make the playoffs, but they’ll need St. Louis to find his scoring touch if they’re going to go deep.
After how St. Louis’ exit from Tampa went, he may find it difficult to find sympathy for his struggles from fans in Florida and elsewhere as well.
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)