Mar 30, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
With a postseason berth all but out of sight, the Nashville Predators have still been showing fight in their remaining games. It sounds like they’re acknowledging their situation when it comes to rookie defenseman Seth Jones‘ recovery from concussion-like symptoms, however.
They’re being patient even as he was skating on Sunday, as the Tennessean reports.
“He’s 19 years old,” Head coach Barry Trotz said. “We’re going to be very cautious with a young guy so there’s no long-term (issues). He’s clear, he’s alert. He’s doing all the physical stuff with no problems, so it’s good. We’ve taken our time a little bit too. You never want to put a player at risk at any time, especially a young player.”
As a prized – and rare – very high draft pick for the Predators (Jones went fourth overall in 2013, with many expecting him to be selected first), it makes total sense that Nashville is taking a measured approach.
We’ll see if that means that Jones won’t be back on the ice until 2014-15 or if he’ll see some action in the Preds’ remaining games.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)