Mar 30, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
With a postseason berth all but out of sight, the Nashville Predators have still been showing fight in their remaining games. It sounds like they’re acknowledging their situation when it comes to rookie defenseman Seth Jones‘ recovery from concussion-like symptoms, however.
They’re being patient even as he was skating on Sunday, as the Tennessean reports.
“He’s 19 years old,” Head coach Barry Trotz said. “We’re going to be very cautious with a young guy so there’s no long-term (issues). He’s clear, he’s alert. He’s doing all the physical stuff with no problems, so it’s good. We’ve taken our time a little bit too. You never want to put a player at risk at any time, especially a young player.”
As a prized – and rare – very high draft pick for the Predators (Jones went fourth overall in 2013, with many expecting him to be selected first), it makes total sense that Nashville is taking a measured approach.
We’ll see if that means that Jones won’t be back on the ice until 2014-15 or if he’ll see some action in the Preds’ remaining games.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 4
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 23
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)