Mar 30, 2014, 10:26 PM EDT
In that span, they’ve been out-scored 12-4. They’ve also lost four of five contests and have generally looked wobbly since Patrick Kane was injured on March 19 (going 2-4-0 since then).
No doubt about it, though; the biggest loss would be their 25-year-old captain if that left arm (or possible shoulder) issue either keeps him out of action or hampers him greatly as the team attempts to defend its championship in the playoffs.
Update: The early word is that it isn’t a significant problem, but we’ll see.
Here’s one more look at Brooks Orpik‘s hit on Toews:
It’s looking exceedingly likely that the Blackhawks will face the Colorado Avalanche in a first-round series, and at the moment, it looks like the Avs might gain home-ice advantage. Colorado holds one more standings point (100 to 99) and has eight games remaining to Chicago’s six.
While the Blackhawks’ star captain left with an injury, the Penguins’ answer to Toews seemed as strong as ever. Sidney Crosby scored the last two goals of the game to ice it for Pittsburgh, giving him 36 goals on the season. He’s now at 99 points in 75 games played; as of this writing, Ryan Getzlaf is the only other player who has even exceeded 80 points on the season (81).
The Penguins are really just playing to get tuned up at this point, so this could be a confidence booster (while the ‘Hawks might just leave this one with slumped shoulders).
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)