Mar 30, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Brodeur tells Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger he’s “80-percent sure” he’ll play again next season and with his contract up after this season, he wants to know if the team he’s played for his entire career will want him back.
“It all depends on what is on the table, whether it’s in New Jersey or somewhere else. I’m open-minded about it,” Brodeur said. “I’m looking for specific things some teams probably can’t give me. And that’s understandable at my age. But if I feel I can play and people want me, we’ll see.”
Brodeur, 41, said he hasn’t closed the door on staying in New Jersey, but the Devils have moved to Cory Schneider as their No. 1 goalie and he wants to play more than he has this season.
Funny thing about that… Brodeur has appeared in 36 games this season and Schneider has been in 39. Judging by what Brodeur said, he’s angling for a starting job.
This season, Brodeur has put up a .903 save percentage, up .002 from last season, but off his career average of .912. If he’s looking to start somewhere else, he might have a tough time selling that.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)