Mar 30, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Sunday may still be a rough night overall for the Chicago Blackhawks, but if head coach Joel Quenneville’s early prognosis is correct, Jonathan Toews‘ upper-body injury might only be minor.
Quenneville labels the 25-year-old as “day-to-day” and told reporters including CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that they’ll know more about their captain’s condition on Monday.
It’s early, but so far that’s seriously good news for Captain Serious.
The Blackhawks are already dealing with Patrick Kane‘s injury-related absence, and while day-to-day can sometimes result in weeks of missed time, at least it sounds like his issue (which seems to be left arm/shoulder-related) isn’t too significant.
As far as the hit itself, Brooks Orpik defended himself to the media:
… And it seemed like Marian Hossa (sort of) backed him up.
Even with that mostly good injury news, this 4-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins might rally the Blackhawks, who have now lost three games in a row.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)