Mar 30, 2014, 10:37 PM EST
Sunday may still be a rough night overall for the Chicago Blackhawks, but if head coach Joel Quenneville’s early prognosis is correct, Jonathan Toews‘ upper-body injury might only be minor.
Quenneville labels the 25-year-old as “day-to-day” and told reporters including CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that they’ll know more about their captain’s condition on Monday.
It’s early, but so far that’s seriously good news for Captain Serious.
The Blackhawks are already dealing with Patrick Kane‘s injury-related absence, and while day-to-day can sometimes result in weeks of missed time, at least it sounds like his issue (which seems to be left arm/shoulder-related) isn’t too significant.
As far as the hit itself, Brooks Orpik defended himself to the media:
… And it seemed like Marian Hossa (sort of) backed him up.
Even with that mostly good injury news, this 4-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins might rally the Blackhawks, who have now lost three games in a row.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)