Mar 30, 2014, 10:37 PM EST
Sunday may still be a rough night overall for the Chicago Blackhawks, but if head coach Joel Quenneville’s early prognosis is correct, Jonathan Toews‘ upper-body injury might only be minor.
Quenneville labels the 25-year-old as “day-to-day” and told reporters including CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that they’ll know more about their captain’s condition on Monday.
It’s early, but so far that’s seriously good news for Captain Serious.
The Blackhawks are already dealing with Patrick Kane‘s injury-related absence, and while day-to-day can sometimes result in weeks of missed time, at least it sounds like his issue (which seems to be left arm/shoulder-related) isn’t too significant.
As far as the hit itself, Brooks Orpik defended himself to the media:
… And it seemed like Marian Hossa (sort of) backed him up.
Even with that mostly good injury news, this 4-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins might rally the Blackhawks, who have now lost three games in a row.
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 14
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 29
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)