Mar 29, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Despite missing a significant chunk of the 2013-14 season, Steven Stamkos has 23 goals as of Saturday. That doesn’t mean that he’s immune to a bad bounce or two, however, as a pass he made during a delayed penalty ended up in his own empty net during tonight’s game vs. the Buffalo Sabres:
Cory Conacher was credited with the goal, which gives him seven this season.
To be fair to Stamkos, he generated a goal for Tampa Bay tonight, too. He remarkably hit that 22-goal mark in just his 29th game. In other words, the Lightning can give Stamkos a hard time about this without losing sleep about it.
In the interest of fairness, here is Stamkos’ 22nd goal.
Update: He also scored the game-winner in overtime, so it didn’t take him long to get the last laugh.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)