Mar 29, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Despite missing a significant chunk of the 2013-14 season, Steven Stamkos has 23 goals as of Saturday. That doesn’t mean that he’s immune to a bad bounce or two, however, as a pass he made during a delayed penalty ended up in his own empty net during tonight’s game vs. the Buffalo Sabres:
Cory Conacher was credited with the goal, which gives him seven this season.
To be fair to Stamkos, he generated a goal for Tampa Bay tonight, too. He remarkably hit that 22-goal mark in just his 29th game. In other words, the Lightning can give Stamkos a hard time about this without losing sleep about it.
In the interest of fairness, here is Stamkos’ 22nd goal.
Update: He also scored the game-winner in overtime, so it didn’t take him long to get the last laugh.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)