Mar 29, 2014, 9:36 PM EST
Despite missing a significant chunk of the 2013-14 season, Steven Stamkos has 23 goals as of Saturday. That doesn’t mean that he’s immune to a bad bounce or two, however, as a pass he made during a delayed penalty ended up in his own empty net during tonight’s game vs. the Buffalo Sabres:
Cory Conacher was credited with the goal, which gives him seven this season.
To be fair to Stamkos, he generated a goal for Tampa Bay tonight, too. He remarkably hit that 22-goal mark in just his 29th game. In other words, the Lightning can give Stamkos a hard time about this without losing sleep about it.
In the interest of fairness, here is Stamkos’ 22nd goal.
Update: He also scored the game-winner in overtime, so it didn’t take him long to get the last laugh.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 15
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 110
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (110)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)