Mar 29, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Despite missing a significant chunk of the 2013-14 season, Steven Stamkos has 23 goals as of Saturday. That doesn’t mean that he’s immune to a bad bounce or two, however, as a pass he made during a delayed penalty ended up in his own empty net during tonight’s game vs. the Buffalo Sabres:
Cory Conacher was credited with the goal, which gives him seven this season.
To be fair to Stamkos, he generated a goal for Tampa Bay tonight, too. He remarkably hit that 22-goal mark in just his 29th game. In other words, the Lightning can give Stamkos a hard time about this without losing sleep about it.
In the interest of fairness, here is Stamkos’ 22nd goal.
Update: He also scored the game-winner in overtime, so it didn’t take him long to get the last laugh.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 2
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 2
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 3
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 6
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)