Mar 29, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Despite missing a significant chunk of the 2013-14 season, Steven Stamkos has 23 goals as of Saturday. That doesn’t mean that he’s immune to a bad bounce or two, however, as a pass he made during a delayed penalty ended up in his own empty net during tonight’s game vs. the Buffalo Sabres:
Cory Conacher was credited with the goal, which gives him seven this season.
To be fair to Stamkos, he generated a goal for Tampa Bay tonight, too. He remarkably hit that 22-goal mark in just his 29th game. In other words, the Lightning can give Stamkos a hard time about this without losing sleep about it.
In the interest of fairness, here is Stamkos’ 22nd goal.
Update: He also scored the game-winner in overtime, so it didn’t take him long to get the last laugh.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)