Mar 29, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
This season hasn’t been filled with too many good times for the Oilers. But Klefbom’s goal was the combination of good finish from the rookie defenseman, who jumped into the rush and buried a pretty pass from David Perron. That gave the Oilers the lead in the third period.
They went on to win on an overtime goal from Andrew Ference, his third of the season. Oh, and goalie Ben Scrivens was good for Edmonton. Good, of course, is an understatement. He made 48 saves on 51 shots, seven of which came in the extra period.
“It’s always fun to win in overtime… I’m happy for Oscar to get his first and for our captain to step up. It was huge,” Scrivens said afterward, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)