Mar 29, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
This season hasn’t been filled with too many good times for the Oilers. But Klefbom’s goal was the combination of good finish from the rookie defenseman, who jumped into the rush and buried a pretty pass from David Perron. That gave the Oilers the lead in the third period.
They went on to win on an overtime goal from Andrew Ference, his third of the season. Oh, and goalie Ben Scrivens was good for Edmonton. Good, of course, is an understatement. He made 48 saves on 51 shots, seven of which came in the extra period.
“It’s always fun to win in overtime… I’m happy for Oscar to get his first and for our captain to step up. It was huge,” Scrivens said afterward, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account.
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 58
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 58
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 164
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (164)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)