Mar 29, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
This season hasn’t been filled with too many good times for the Oilers. But Klefbom’s goal was the combination of good finish from the rookie defenseman, who jumped into the rush and buried a pretty pass from David Perron. That gave the Oilers the lead in the third period.
They went on to win on an overtime goal from Andrew Ference, his third of the season. Oh, and goalie Ben Scrivens was good for Edmonton. Good, of course, is an understatement. He made 48 saves on 51 shots, seven of which came in the extra period.
“It’s always fun to win in overtime… I’m happy for Oscar to get his first and for our captain to step up. It was huge,” Scrivens said afterward, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17