Mar 29, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
This season hasn’t been filled with too many good times for the Oilers. But Klefbom’s goal was the combination of good finish from the rookie defenseman, who jumped into the rush and buried a pretty pass from David Perron. That gave the Oilers the lead in the third period.
They went on to win on an overtime goal from Andrew Ference, his third of the season. Oh, and goalie Ben Scrivens was good for Edmonton. Good, of course, is an understatement. He made 48 saves on 51 shots, seven of which came in the extra period.
“It’s always fun to win in overtime… I’m happy for Oscar to get his first and for our captain to step up. It was huge,” Scrivens said afterward, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 60
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 35
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 19
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)